Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:47:05 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 licence not instaling  (Read 16706 times)

Mach 4 licence not instaling
« on: September 05, 2015, 10:43:50 PM »
I have a problem installing the license it accepts the license ,says it is licensed, but when I reboot the computer the pcid has changed and it is unlicensed again . Artsoft says I can't license it until the pcid stays the same when I reboot .After trying three different computers with fresh installs of operating systems xp they all do the same thing, its long past frustrating can someone help here . Artsoft won't answer my emails any more and I have no licenses left to use (for my paid software).I have mach 3 installed and running fine for a about a year with hafco hm52 mill conversion .I decided to change to mach 4 I have it jogging in demo mode ok , finally after much hair pulling.I can't think of anything left to try its not looking good for this software.There is a lot of information on how to install the license but not much if it doesn't.

Thanks mike
Re: Mach 4 licence not instaling
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 11:38:31 PM »
Hey Mike
  I'm having the same problem with the last 2 or 3 (2660 and 2673 for sure) versions of Mach4. also using XP.... I emailed them about it ... but probably won't hear anything till next week sometime(holiday weekend and all). now that someone else is having the same problem it sounds like a bug to me in the newer versions.

Dave
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 12:09:04 AM »
Thanks for that , I have sent quiet a few emails to support and  they are  not responding now ,must be the weekend thing . There are no other posts about pcid being different on reboot that I can find.. Its good to know I'm not going mad after all.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 11:54:10 AM »
Same Here?? I only have 1 computer using Mach4 and so far i'm on 3rd licence...

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 03:27:05 AM »
Hey DazTheGaz , I just counted mine I've used 10 for 1 mill..... I win :)

Mike

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 07:14:00 AM »
I haven't used Mach4 on a a machine, and I've used 5. Old PC, New PC, and the licensing scheme has changed  (I think) 3 times since Mach4 was released?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 08:10:35 AM »
Gerry I have loaded mach4 demo onto my main computer win 7 64 this one returns the same pcid on reboot, seems to be just xp home and xp pro the pcid changes . After a bit of sleep I realized the deactivate licence button was a do nothing button unless the coders are using newfangled wormhole technology to access the shed. I have managed to get jogging and run a short gcode in demo mode no chips yet , but can't get limits and homing to work must be limitation with demo.

Mike

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 09:45:43 AM »
I have loaded mach4 demo onto my main computer win 7 64 this one returns the same pcid on reboot, seems to be just xp home and xp pro the pcid changes

Done a little test today,  I have loaded mach4 twice on same machine in different directories, one for build 2630 and one for 2673. so without rebooting etc between different versions they produce different pc id`s ???

This I would say is down to the mcCntlGetComputerID command being different between the 2 versions of what data it is collecting to make the key..

DazTheGas
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:49:40 AM by DazTheGas »
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 08:51:53 AM »
Hi,
I also had that issue where the license would not "stick" and reverted back to the demo mode. This is on a brand new Lenova H50-55 PC with Win 8.1 (3 days old).
I used both Mach 4 VER 2 Builds 2651 and build 2673 - no luck.

I finally refreshed my brand new Win8.1 machine then updated to Win10.
A day later (this morning) I was finally able to get the license to stay.
I don't know what that was all about.

I ended up using Mach 4 Ver 2 build 2651 because the Warp9 website claims its the tested one to work with my Ethernet Smooth Stepper (ESS).
Next, I added the unzipped two files for the ESS plugins to the Mach 4 plugin folder. Open Mach 4, enter, when asked, the 10.9.9.9 IP address for the ESS (which worked fine on a demo Mach 3 install on an old XP computer) but Mach 4 now won't complete the "open" part by giving an error that it must close. Dead again, with no idea why.

To post this experience I used my trusty WIN 7  laptop to register on this forum and the "Gotcha" slider won't move. So I couldn't register. What?????.....
I finally ended up registering on my new Mach4 PC and its "Gotcha" sliders work.

What a frustrating process just to get my cnc running - and it still bogged down with some unknown problem.
I have considered going Linux, but it is way too fussy regarding latency and even my brand new Lenova PC had a severe latency that it is not recommended. I had one old XP machine that did have a decent latency - but I can't use the ESS with Linux, and I would lose my Mach 4 - ESS investment too. CRAP....

Now I'm waiting for Support, or this forum to help me.
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 10:11:47 AM »
OK, I'm now able to run Mach 4 with its license properly loaded. Don't understand what I needed to do to get it this far. Just kept trying the same thing but expect different results - and finally did get the license to hold.

The ESS issue may be a non-Mach 4 issue. When I run the ESS Config, Mach 4 gives the error that the "GUI has stopped working". Possibly because it can't see the ESS board via the Ethernet connection. My cable is good as it works on an XP Mach 3 demo system. My Ethernet port on my new Mach 4 PC has been setup for a fixed IP address (10.9.9.2 Mask 255.255.255.0)  and it's configuration gave no sign of error. I even rebooted the PC, but still no ESS working.

Cheers.