Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 04:04:41 AM

Author Topic: Two questions about 57CNC board with mach 4  (Read 3335 times)

Two questions about 57CNC board with mach 4
« on: September 11, 2015, 10:53:08 AM »
Hi,

I am nearly at the point of trying out my cnc router just got to finish wiring up the 57CNC and connect to mach4. So dounloaded and installed mach4 v2 build 2686 and thought that I would add the plugin before I bought the licence. Add in configure plugins is looking for a .m4plugw file and all I can see from the pokeys  downloads  are .m4py files. Can I just rename them or have I missed something?

Question 2 is how do I connect and configure  the card to run two motors along my gantry x axis. Do I run the X output to two drivers or is there a way to configure another motor in tandem with the x (besides the standard Y and Z ) I am in the process of building a rotary table and want to use the A for that.

Thanks

Alan

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Two questions about 57CNC board with mach 4
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 11:06:42 AM »
Mach4 just release build 2686 and the plugin is not yet compatible with this version. The updated plugin should be released in a few days.

For the gantry, just assign two different motors to the same axis in Mach4 settings. There is however a limitation that all motors on the axis must have the same motion parameters (it has to do with how PoKeys device does autonomous operations like homing, probing, etc.).
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 12:32:03 PM »
Update: the new plugin is now available.

Just copy the plugin files into the Plugins folder of Mach4.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 07:37:55 PM »
you would have X as motor 0 then a slave as motor 4 motor 0 and 4 have the same settings. motor 1 is Y, motor 2 is Z, motor 3 is a A