Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:46:23 AM

Author Topic: Estop Button Pressed Error  (Read 22412 times)

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
Estop Button Pressed Error
« on: August 11, 2015, 10:17:11 PM »
Something has changed on my mill. I boot up Mach3 and the DSPMC. I can move the table with my pendant. If I try to enter a G01 x1, I get an error 'Estop button pressed'. This message continues to be reposted continously. There are no other messages in the log.

I don't have an estop button. There is an estop button assigned in the inputs (port 1 pin 10). Its always been that way and has worked fine. I cannot disable that assignment. If I do, when I check it again, it is enabled.

The diagnostics screen does not indicate an estop is present.

Only a reset of the DSPMC clears the problem.

Ideas?
Re: Estop Button Pressed Error
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 11:53:42 AM »
Hello,

What Mach3 plugin and firmware version are you running? You can view this in the status window.

Perhaps the polarity of your EStop signal is incorrect?

-Marc
Vital System Inc.

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 02:17:13 PM »
Changing polarity on the estop signal makes the axis go drifting off and I am not able to reset.

Plugin 4.0.17

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 11:02:40 PM »
I reloaded the DSPMC firmware and FPGA load. That fixed it.

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 09:30:35 PM »
The problem persists.

I reprogram the Flash with 8.24. It loads successfully and I reboot it.
I start Mach 3
I test that I can move the x axis with a shuttle
I test that I can use a G0 or G01 command
I execute a G31 command without the probe being detected. All is well to this point
I execute a G31 command and detect the probe. An emergency stop occurs and Mach 3 posts the message 'ERROR: Following error limit exceeded on Axis 0. Servo disarmed'
I hit the reset button.
I make a shuttle move ok
A G0 or G01 command results in emergency stop and the error message 'E stop button pressed'.
Hitting the reset button and trying again gives the same results.
I turn the DSPMC off and back on. This does not clear the problem.  A g0 or G01 results in the error message 'E stop button pressed'. I have to reload the firmware.

The G31 causes the problem and reloading the firmware clears it.

Nothing was changed before the problem started.

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 12:51:55 PM »
Hello,

In this step of your test:

I execute a G31 command and detect the probe. An emergency stop occurs and Mach 3 posts the message 'ERROR: Following error limit exceeded on Axis 0. Servo disarmed'
I hit the reset button.

Maybe your digitize signal and EStop signal are mapped to the same input? Does this behavior only happen with G31?

Also, what other plugins do you have loaded?

-Marc
Vital System Inc.

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 09:26:19 PM »
That did occur to me last night. But the diagnostics page shows the probe flashes the Digitze LED and it does not trip an Estop when activated. But even if they were,  that does not explain this sequence:

After G31 error, reset DSPMC, restart Mach 3, and  hit the Mach 3 Reset button. All is ok. Mach 3 Reset button stays green. The probe going active does not cause an Estop. Only after a G00 or G01 does the Estop trip, and the Reset button flashes. I cannot reset Mach3 until I reboot Mach3. The Estops messages are continuous. The Diagnostics screen does not show the Estop button active.

I cannot get G00 or G01 to work until I reprogram the firmware.

The only plugin I'm using is for the Russian pendant, ShuttleRu (Andrey67 on CNCZone).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:35:11 PM by pofo »
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 02:03:22 PM »
Hello,

Ok, so I ran the test using the files on the web and I did see the same thing during probing. So I tried the test with some newer files and the probing worked fine. Also tried some other test GCodes just to make sure that these versions worked fine.

Send an email to support@vitalsystem.com and I'll reply with these newer files so you can test them and see if the problem goes away. We typically don't update the Mach3 files on the web (especially the firmware) since we're not 100% sure that all the newer features that we're adding for Mach4 will play nice as far as Mach3 compatibility goes. But if it works out well for you, we can consider uploading them.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:07:34 PM by Vital System Support »

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 12:12:07 AM »
I tried it and it solved the G31 problem. My edge detection buttons are working again. I ran a circle pocket program and that also worked. It looks ok.

Thanks.

Offline Tr_G

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 04:09:45 PM »
I too am getting this error when using my probing scripts. I have tried dspmc firmware versions 8.24 8.37 9.01 and they all are giving me the axis error and the estop error.

What did you do to fix this?