Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:33:50 AM

Author Topic: XYZ Can't Find switches Why!  (Read 2850 times)

XYZ Can't Find switches Why!
« on: August 04, 2015, 07:58:46 PM »
Installed M3 in new XP Computer. All moving around fine. But can't we can't find our homing switches, also cant zero machine.  Switches all worked fine 7+years on last computer. 55 now and may be experiencing mental slippage. Please Help!
Figula  
Re: XYZ Can't Find switches Why!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:07:38 AM »
Look on the diagnostics tab while you manually operate the switches to ensure you're getting signals to your port, if you are go to -

Config - Ports & Pins - Input Signals - Automated Setup of Inputs

and configure your inputs by manually actuating the appropriate switches.

I just had to go through full setup on a Windows 7 machine and was surprised how much of the setup I'd forgotten about,
Regards,
Nick
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:03:19 AM »
 Nick...Thanks for your guidance... Diagnostics dose not recognize switches when manually tripped. Config - Ports & Pins - Input Signals - Automated Setup of Inputs can't find them ether.

thanks
Al
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 03:24:38 PM »
If you're not seeing the switches changing state on the diagnostics tab then you aren't getting incoming signals.
Time for diagnostics on all the things in the chain starting at the end of your choice ;-)
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 07:45:27 PM »
So if the Z-switch is the first one hit that would be the end and my start checking point? And if continuity is good I'm then thinking a bad terminal in the Gecko 540?

Al
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 01:35:52 PM »
Ok....I tested all... rewired and I have three green lights and when I trip each switch the forth comes on. Mach sees them but still won't back off after reference home.  I also did the Automated Setup and it did set. But still won't back off and zero.

Any Ideas.
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 02:18:40 PM »
It's been a while but I had homing problems on my lathe too.  Did you look at the Config>Homing/Limits screen?  There's several options for each axis there & if I recall correctly I had to just toggle the various options until it worked.  Not very scientific but hey, sometimes ya' just gotta do whatever works.

Add almost 13 years onto your 55 & see what that feels like. ;D
Milton from Tennessee ya'll.
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 02:53:36 PM »
OK...All working again DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT I DID!!! Poked and clicked as advised. The only thing I did different was I disconnected all but the power from the G540. Shut it all down for 30 seconds turned it back on got green. Turned it off hooked common wire back to port 4 turned it on. WALA! I can only guess the G540 has a reset...I don't know! TWO WEEKS! I need a shot and since I can't buy you all one... Get a glass and have one yourself. THANKS to ALL AGAIN!

Al