Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:51:06 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys 56U as Pendant - MPG does not work  (Read 11715 times)

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Pokeys 56U as Pendant - MPG does not work
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 01:08:42 AM »
Pendant works only if PoKeys is also used as pulse generator.

Pendant switches should be wired and configured in the PoKeys plugin (settings file is available on our webpage under downloads for the PoPendant1 and it can be imported) as described in the 'Pulse engine and Mach3 plugin' manual on page 20.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 05:04:38 AM »
Hi Matevž,

thank you for your answer. Is the "6 axis PoPendat configuration for Mach3.xml" the file which I should import? I imported that file with Pokeys Plugin "Import/Export settings" and was using "Pokeys Pin Mapping" for the import. But the Pendant switches are not working as before. Is that correct import setting?

Harald
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 03:55:10 AM »
Hi All,

finally i gave up to import *.xml file and made manual configuration using Mach3 Pokeys Plugin (PoKeys mapping tab)

the select switches for axis are mapped to Input Button 259 to 262 (X,Y,Z,A) - inverted
the Jog increment switches are mapped to 191 to 192 - inverted
and the E-stop (Reset) button is mapped to 1021 - inverted
aditionally i connected  4 Leds to indicate the active axis  and mapped them to LED 59 to 62 - inverted
as described earlier, the LCD configuration is made in the LCD tab and works perfect.

@Matevž - eventually you can give me some explanation how to use the XML file(s).

Anyway, my Pendant is now working as expected. Eventually I make later a PDF with all the screenshots and schematic.

Regards
Harald
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 01:02:44 PM »
Hello,
I have the same problem, I was unable to operate the MPG with my Pokeys57CNC.
I also have an LCD 2004, and impossible to make it work.
Does the Mach3 plugin works with the new Pokeys57CNC ?

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 10:22:34 AM »
We just retested both the MPG and LCD and these both work with Mach3+PoKeys57CNC

MPG:
Enable encoder 1 and set the pins 1 and 2 as A and B signals, then map it to DRO 101. You can check the MPG Count DRO on the 'Settings' page of Mach3 and it will change with you moving the encoder. Now, Mach3 knows about the motion, it's up to Mach3 configuration on how to use it (usually, MPG1 has to be enabled in the Mach3 settings first, jogging mode must be switched to MPG and Alt 1 button must be pressed to select proper axis for the MPG to move). You can save some of this hassle if you enable that the PoKeys handles the jogging as pendant (works only if Pulse engine is used in PoKeys device)

LCD:
Proper power supply is needed for the LCD to work correctly - powering the board via USB does not guarantee the required 5V for the LCD module. It is clearly stated in the manual that USB only power supply can be used for limited testing only.
Pin 18 is used for LCD contrast - PWM on this pin must be activated with a fixed duty cycle (e.g. 10%) and a moderate PWM frequency (let's say 100 us PWM period to produce 10 kHz)
LCD must be configured properly in the Mach3 settings.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 09:36:24 AM »
Thank you for your answer,
I was actually a wiring problem.Now everything works.
I have another problem, I can not drive the relay to start the spindle.
I chose "Output 1" for relay 1 and "Output 2" for relay 2 in Pokeys configuration and then "Output 1" for M3 and "Output 2" for M4
But nothing happens when I try to control the spindle.
Thanx

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 03:12:28 PM »
First, make sure you are running the latest PoKeys firmware, Mach3 plugin and Mach3 software.

Did you select 'External 4ch with IO' in the pulse engine configuration screen of the Mach3 plugin?
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 01:16:15 PM »
My version of Mach3 is R3.043.066, the Pokeys firmware is 4.1.17 and  the plugin version is 1.00.
I have chosen 'External IO with 4ch' in Mach3.
I manage to drive the relay from the pokeys software, it is relay 2 and 3.
Attached my config file.
Thank you.