Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 06:38:25 PM

Author Topic: Z axis not homing mach 4  (Read 3344 times)

Z axis not homing mach 4
« on: August 07, 2015, 02:58:57 PM »
Thank you in advance...I am new to this and appreciate your input.

Mach 4, retrofit of small NC router with CSmio IPM.   

All limit switches functional and X-Y will home but not Z.   Z will just stay wherever it is at the time.  Z can be jogged manually and will trip the Z limit as you would expect.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Dave B
Re: Z axis not homing mach 4
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 01:12:17 AM »
Two thoughts:

(1) What version of Mach4 are you running?  The default screen set in some of the earlier versions had the "Ref All Home" button programmed to only home the X & Y axis.  Newer versions fixed this - It looks like version 2336 and newer have fixed this (I don't have any older versions installed to check so I don't know exactly which version fixed this, I checked 2336, 2471, 2492 and 2580).

(2) How do you have homing configured for the Z axis?  Go to the "Configure" menu and select "Mach".  In the configuration dialog, click on the 'Homing/Soft Limits' tab.  The "Home Order" must be non-zero in order for Mach4 to attempt to home that axis (i.e. "1" is the first axis to be homed, "2" is the 2nd, etc.).  Also, the "Home In Place" column must have a red "X" in it (home in place means don't move the motor, just declare its current position as "home").

Bob
Re: Z axis not homing mach 4
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 05:53:25 PM »
Thank you Bob for your response.

I updated to the latest version.  I was one back.  Promptly though Mach 4 stopped communicating with the IP/M and after a couple of hours of fiddling around (checking ip, uninstalling and reinstalling firmware, back installing mach 4) I still can not get them to communicate anymore.   

So now I have the same problem with all the axis... ::)

I will submit a technical support ticket with machsupport