Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:27:07 AM

Author Topic: Problem in CSMIO IP A configuration  (Read 12528 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Problem in CSMIO IP A configuration
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 06:26:20 PM »
Sorry for late reply, not here much nowadays.

You would need to either use a 24v capable MPG or convert the 5v signals to 24v for the CSMIO.
Personally I would just get the MPG module as would integrate all of these things much more neatly and save a lot of issues. If however you can not afford the €87 then your best chance is to make up a circuit to produce the 24v from the 5v MPG signals.

I have a circuit somewhere that CS-Lab supplied to a fried for use with inputting a 5v Index pulse for homing, I will see if I can dig it out. It should be fast enough for a MPG but I am no electronics expert so I can only guess.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 06:48:08 PM »
Here is the circuit diag for the Index pulse, afraid the opto type is not detailed and I can not find the info here. I have a board made up at the workshop so will look tomorrow and get the details (If I remember ;) )

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2015, 04:55:35 AM »
Ok the opto was a sharp PC817

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2016, 07:32:13 PM »
Just want to post an update to this.
I made up an opto board and hooked the MPG up via the IP-S digital Inputs, all seemed to work fine as  the MPG signals were seen by the IP-S. The Leds flashed as I rotated the MPG.
Went into Mach and set up the MPG but it would not work.
 I contacted Wojtek at CS-Lab and he confirmed that the only way to use an MPG with the CSMIO controllers is via the MPG module.

I can see why they would want it that way, the motion is much better and extremely precise where with the MPG in Mach it is either smooth and no defined size per click or a defined size per click and jerky.

Hood