Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:04:11 PM

Author Topic: CSMIO IP-A with the CSMIO MPG and pendant kit...  (Read 2436 times)

CSMIO IP-A with the CSMIO MPG and pendant kit...
« on: July 29, 2015, 09:01:12 PM »
Question for folks with this config... The CSMIO-MPG shows up in the plugin control-->CSMIO-IP_plugin-->Expansion Modules on CAN bus 32 as active. I have also enabled MPG1 in the mach3 “configure ports and pins” Encoder/MPG’s interface dialog. Problem is I cannot see the e-stop in the diagnostics tab in Mach3. I might also expect the e-stop to disable the "enable" output I am using but that too does not work. The docs for the MPG are very sparse... What am I missing?

Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: CSMIO IP-A with the CSMIO MPG and pendant kit...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 11:11:55 AM »
You do not need to enable anything in Mach related to MPG, the CSMIO will do it all as it works interdependently of Mach thus the much better motion/precision. Enabling settings in Mach that are not needed may actually make things worse as they conflict with the plugin, a classic example of this is enabling the Index in Ports and pins when you are using the Encoder module.

The E-Stop on your machine (not the pendant) I think needs to be wired into your E-Stop string on the Machine, ie you connect the E-Stop chain of your machine through the contacts on the MPG Module that are beside the power connections. The E-Stop on the  handheld pendant basically works a relay in the MPG Module, this is so that you are not relying on the Canbus for relaying your E-Stop signal.

Hood