Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:56:15 AM

Author Topic: Video issue  (Read 4254 times)

Video issue
« on: December 11, 2012, 03:08:17 PM »
I have a new video camera that seems to work with Mach3 when I hook it up - but only once!  If I shut down the program, reboot the computer, and then reinstall the camera, it will work again, but only as long as I leave everything the way it is.  It keeps saying "VideoOCX (VIDEO) - Driver can't be connected"  Any ideas?  Using Windows 7 Home Edition. 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Video issue
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 03:47:57 PM »
This was Brians reply to a similar question on the Yahoo group a few days back.

"Try this:
 Stop Video Stream then press OK. If you do that I think it will work.
 Brian"

Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 04:49:00 PM »
Thanks - I think you are talking about the screen that comes up that says "Set/Stop" camera?  I have tried that, several different ways, but it still does the same thing? I don't see anywhere else I can change the driver, etc.  The camera works in all my other programs, but only the once in Mach3 - love the program, so far, though! 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 04:52:14 PM »
I dont use a camera so not sure but I think it will be the Stop Camera  button then click OK then it will likely shut down and you should then be able to go to the Plugins window and restart it.
Hood

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 07:26:56 AM »
Hi Simon,

I don't know if it's any help but I had exactly the same problem (VideoOCX (VIDEO) - Driver can't be connected) when I first started using the on-screen video window with a webcam.
I tried 3 different makes of 'plug and play' webcam until I found one that worked correctly.
My conclusion was that the problem was related to the USB interface or perhaps it's BIOS settings.

May I suggest that you try Klause's video window http://www.kd-dietz.com/klausphp/pages/ger/plugins/webcam/description/wcam_description.html which perhaps offers a better camera selection / recognition procedure to see if that works with your camera.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 03:02:37 PM »
OK ... even though this thread is already old.... thanks for this info, using this little plugin solved the problems with the camera and Mach3 described above.

thanks
Chris