Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:22:15 AM

Author Topic: SetVN  (Read 4149 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
SetVN
« on: July 23, 2015, 11:14:02 PM »
Does anyone know the proper syntx for SetVN ? I have just thrown rocks at it is see if it worked like FANUC

Setvn500 [TestVar]     Defines #500 as TestVar

#500 =5                   Set the var value
or
#testvar = 5              sets the var value

Questions ???

Normal only the common vars 500-549 can be used ??

IS there a look up table for #VAR - VarName  relationship ????

Will the VarName be commented on the call line for example

SetVN500 [Testvar]

#testvar = 5

When I call it as

G1 X#500        (TestVar)  <<------   will it automatically assign the Comment to it

OR

G1 X#Testvar        ( 500 )    <<----- ?

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: SetVN
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 12:35:56 AM »
Also I see where the latest version allows Math expressions to PRINT to the status line on runtime . BUT I can't get it to work here. I do not SEE where you can turn it on anywhere. That would be nice because you could clear the history file on a new run and record the Program run and verify the values and even save the History file.  COOL  if it works. That wold help out in ISO9000+ verification records as well.

The keyboard plugin crashed 3 out of the 4 times I tried it. I did get it to take 1 time but you have to be very fast at it to get out before teh crash occurs. It locks up WINDOS hard.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 01:31:40 AM »
I think the printing of math expressions is controlled by the check box that
controls all comments being printed in the status message area. See:

Config > Mach > General

Look in the Misc section near top right and check the box beside:

"Include Comments in Messages"

Also, the keyboard plugin has been getting more work. It really did not
like XP. New version coming real soon now.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 09:47:46 AM »
HIYA Steve I had that checked in testing.  Thnaks for putting teh version udates on yoour site THAT is a HUGE help to us that are testing Mach4.  Do you maintain a list like that for your Control boards ??? I have looked at your products but have never used any to date. I am looking to test teh Plug N Play theory of a Mach4 EASY setup.Where the plugin is predefined and teh USER does NOT have to configure anything as it is completly setup and ready to run . JUST land the wire to the correct terminal and GO. Steps per would be about the ONLY thing that has to be set and there would be a fill in the blank box to do that.

Mach4 needs to get off the ground running(;-)

Thanks For the TIme, (;-) TP_
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 03:41:43 PM »
Our release notes for Mach4 are just an edited version of info we have collected. We
have no official status with respect to Mach4 releases, nor have we personally verified
most of the information in these release notes.

Each release of the PMDX plugin includes a set of release notes, including past history.

Plugins can be downloaded here:  http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-SmartBOB-USB-Plug-In

The most recent release notes as of this message being posted are here:

http://www.pmdx.com/Downloads_/ReleaseNotes_Ver_0_29_128.html
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 06:55:29 PM »
BR549 I like your idea of a plug and go set up if you could do it with modules like how the probing is with the wxMach_Hobby.set or have fly out`s what is just a button click on the key board to get at I think that will make it easier even if I had to pay you $20 or what ever I would do it for a simple one screen with all that`s needed on it 

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 07:11:59 PM »
I agree you should be able to setup teh motion controller JUST like you would with a new printer. PULG it in and Mach4 should load the plugin and be ready to go. YOU hook up the wires to where there are suppose to go and you have motion.  You would ONLY need to setup the steps per Unit in  Mach4. That is easy enough to do AND could be preconfigured for a Standard type setup (G540 Gecko).

Of course you need a MAch4 EASY screenset that has what you NEED already developed and working. THIS is not rocket science any more (;-).

I HAVE been working on a solution BUT Mach4 will not stay up long enough for me to get much done at a time and I am getting pretty cranky about it . A trash can and a pint of GAS and a match have come to mind many times (;-) in the last 2 week I have tried to work on it. GGGRRRR,

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:14:22 PM by BR549 »

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 07:18:34 PM »
the biggest problem there is not enough tec back up it is meant to be there I asked about the set up for the probing in the wxMach_Hobby.set through the portal I go no answer I am a little concerned about trying it in the first place. o well got enough on my plate setting up my charities. I come back to it in a year or if you can get something done

thanks

Blockhead