Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:58:40 AM

Author Topic: IF you wanted to UPGRADE to MACH4 ??  (Read 9618 times)

Offline beefy

•  138 138
    • View Profile
Re: IF you wanted to UPGRADE to MACH4 ??
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 12:17:54 AM »
Thanks for that input Gerry.

Never knew that about the scripting manuals. I never fail to get confused why developers create a paid-for product yet don't write user manuals that explain fully how to use the products features. I'm glad passenger aircraft don't rely on pilots learning bits and pieces from each other on forums, or relying on another pilot to write a cockpit manual. Bit of an extreme example but you get where I'm flying from.

I'll no doubt keep an eye on Mach4 as time passes and see if it gets to the stage where I'd be happy to start with it.

Keith.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 01:17:30 AM »
give it a year bask function is fine 3 Axis with limits switches and probing, you have to have acc and velocity bang on as well, and there is a lot of info in this forum on lua but a lot of the time you have to make a start on the code before you get help, there is a probing screen set don't ask me how to set it up. I ask for instructions for setting it up got no reply

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 07:50:49 AM »
I personally think the biggest issue with Mach4 is communication. No body seems to know the current status, or where the various plugins are at.

If you only ever post here on the forum, you only ever see the problems being discussed with very little if any input from any of the Mach guys. At least over the Yahoo group you get some input from Brian. Running my own business I understand you have to prioritise where time is spent, but I'm sure they could at least spare an hour or two a week to post on here and provide some idea of what's been going in the background.
Even just a thread only Mach guys can post in to act like an informal blog, and give a brief roundup of what's been happening over the past week.

As for the plugins, it would be good if details were a bit easier to find. USS/ESS I keep hearing about, but unless you dig into their forum, details don't really exist. As has been mentioned CS do have a plugin, but all the public details point to it being well out of date. The only person who seems to be keeping on top of things is Steve@PMDX giving updates when required.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 07:54:10 AM »
give it a year.........

I bought my license last August, so I already have. And that's what I said last year, but today, imo, it's not much closer now than it was then.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 03:23:25 PM »
very true ger I am hopping a year the problems I have had over the year with my big router I am down to the last problem what`s M3 being funny sometimes over on the ESS side thing have gotten better

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 07:48:00 AM »
give it a year.........

I bought my license last August, so I already have. And that's what I said last year, but today, imo, it's not much closer now than it was then.

I am starting to think it will be a few years, if ever, before I will be using Mach4.  :'(

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 08:06:39 AM »
If that's the case, then there might not be a Mach4 by then....
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 03:26:36 PM »
if they get the planer done soon it will be more of a go