Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:52:59 AM

Author Topic: Gecko G540 Setup Help  (Read 8735 times)

Re: Gecko G540 Setup Help
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 02:20:23 PM »
  when I returned, the motor was extremely hot. l left it plugged in but there was no motion.
If I unplug the parallel cable, sometimes there is an audible hum from the motor and it immediately begins to get warm when the system is powered up.

Any suggestions?

Be sure to mention all of this to the vendor in case the 540 and/or the motors are damaged due to their (possible) mistakes.
You might be OK, but I'd expect the worst.   :(

Russ
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 03:26:36 PM »
So I rewired one of the motors and now it works perfectly. There doesn't appear to be any damage from the incorrect wiring.

I paid an extra $120 for the Pre-wired kit from Automation Technology (which seems silly now that I know how to do it) and I have requested a refund based on that fact that I have to do the wiring my self and the hours of trouble-shooting to find it.

They have been in the loop during the entire trouble-shooting process and they were the ones who pointed me to Gecko for support.

I will let you know how they respond.
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 03:55:19 PM »
John at Automation Technology made his case and we agreed on a partial refund. I would have liked more but I'm okay with it.
Their support is lacking but I have been happy with their customer service.
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 04:25:14 PM »
Glad you got it working and thanks for posting back with the update.

Also glad they covered "some" of their goof up.
Good help is soooo hard to find. ::)

Now, make some chips man !  :)
Regards,
Russ
 :)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 07:26:37 AM »
Hi Sprocketeer,

I am pleased you have found the fault and a resolution to the problem.

I think this just goes to show that we can all make very basic mistakes but, as a commercial enterprise, I would have expected AT to have checked and double checked their work before sending it out.
Still, it's water under the bridge and you can now move onto completing your machine construction and making stuff.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 09:49:13 PM »
I thought I would share my progress since I got the motor issue worked out. I am sure you have all seen this 1000X but I think this is awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnwyMmbv2f0