Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:19:16 PM

Author Topic: 2nd window  (Read 5622 times)

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
2nd window
« on: July 04, 2015, 01:57:41 PM »
Is it possible to have a second window in Mach? I have a control computer that is 8' away from the machine and a touch screen by the machine. I would like to have a Jog control window on the touch screen while keeping the main screen on the control computer.

Re: 2nd window
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 09:55:20 AM »
gonna need to learn wxLua programming buddy!

I may just figure it out for ya!  ...but then you wouldn't learn anything...but I'd be helping someone...(this is the little devil vs angel conversation on my shoulders)

sh!t...I don't know if I'm hungover or still drunk at 8 am...

maybe I should put myself in MA ...Mach4 Anonymous  :o
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:59:19 AM by Screwie Louie »

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 03:43:45 PM »
I will buy you a bottle of (rum, whiskey, vodka, tequila, insert your own choice of poison) if you figure out how that would work.     >:D

Pedio

Ps. No great story started "...and I had a couple of glasses of milk"

Offline KTM

•  92 92
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 03:11:59 AM »
if you have an internet connection, the easiest way will be to use Teamviewer, otherwise Google "remote desktop access software"

Regards

Steve
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 01:04:53 PM »
Or VNC or an of its many variants (open source):
http://realvnc.com (successor to the original, but now a paid product though you can get to an open source version from their download page)
http://tightvnc.com (Tight VNC - one of the forks from the original open source VNC that uses higher compression to save bandwidth)
http://uvnc.com (Ultra VNC - yet another fork of the original open source, can encrypt the datastream for anyone interested in secutiry over open networks).

Plus several other variants.  Search engines are your friend.

Bob

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 06:02:14 PM »
I actually have a second touch screen attached to the control computer. It uses Actual Multiple Monitors to move the screen between the control computer and the touch screen by the CNC via hot keys. Until recently I used a dedicated key on my shuttle pro to move the screen and to do the delicate jog motions (keyboard jog does not work on my machine so I disabled the shuttle pro until it works). I wanted to have a screen up on the main computer and a second Jog / pendant screen on the touch screen. I have reconfigured the Mach4 screen set I have to be much more touch screen centric (bigger buttons etc...).

I am aware of VNC and a lot of the other screen sharing apps across platforms. I just wanted to have a more static way of having a "jog" or "Pendant" oriented screen on the second monitor that is located by the CNC. I have played with duplicating the screen across monitors and streaching the Mach 4 screen across the two monitors. Both work to varying degrees.
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 01:36:18 AM »
...or for a bottle of Woodford Reserve, I'll program a jogging wizard for you in which you can just move the wizard to your second screen and maximize it. Gotta finish the mach4 axis calibration wizard first. Don't worry Pedio, I haven't forgot about you! :)

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 01:56:28 AM »
what no jack

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 03:33:04 AM »
Have you considered using TimGS MPG panel and adding some jog buttons to it?

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 05:35:56 PM »
Done!