Third party software and hardware support forums. > Promote and discuss your product

Free G76 Macro Helping program for Mach3 Turn

(1/13) > >>

stephanbrunker:
Hello,

I just have released a beta version of my Mach3 Threading Helper. To actually cut a thread with Mach3 and the G76 macro, you need a couple of parameters, the numer of passes etc. For metrical threads, Mach3 comes with the G76_thread.exe. My application is far more sophisticated: i lets you select a thread from several standards or let you create your own size. The important feature is, that the tolerances are calculated given to standard and size, that it fits. Then you can simulate the cut - means you can try some number of passes to get the increment you need. Finally, the program generates the GCode which you can copy & paste in your file. So far, my threads had a perfect fit. And it's Open Source.

The supported Threading standards in version 0.10:

* M - Metric in medium (6g/6H) and fine tolerance (4g/4H)
* G - Withworth Pipe
* R/Rc - Tapered Withworth Pipe
* BSW & BSW Withworth
* UNC, UNF, UNEF
* M keg - tapered Metric
When supported, you can cut threads with multiple starts, too.

I've also made a throughly improvement of the G76, G77 and G78 macros and fixed the bugs there as far as possible.

The Sourceforge page:
www.sourceforge.net/p/mach3threadinghelper

Try it out and report if you find any bugs ...

derek:
With all the crap going on with sourceforge injecting malware into downloads you may want to use a different repository.

stephanbrunker:
Thank you for the advice ... but until now I never had any issues with Sourceforge, and I just checked the download with a MAC and it's exactly the one I've uploaded - it hasn't been tampered with.

derek:
I would imagine they are targeting more popular downloads. Can't be too careful though.

stephanbrunker:
So, just for information:

My application is fully portable, it doesn't need an installer. The *.zip contains the G76 Macro Helper.exe, which needs only the settings.ini in the same folder to run and looks there for the two Help files (EN and DE). So, it's as small and transparent as it gets - most of the 300kb of the archive are the images. And, if I get 100 downloads, that would be a lot. So, there's nothing really to tamper with. And, contrary to the FileZilla project, I never expect to get any money from my project and so I surely doesn't agree to any Adware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version