Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:12:23 AM

Author Topic: MDI input (Abs & Inc) through DRO to move axis....a working example  (Read 5280 times)

Re: MDI input (Abs & Inc) through DRO to move axis....a working example
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 12:12:30 AM »
I would just use G91 for an increment move. I'll post a screen shot soon with the screen set. I kinda want to have only one DRO input with the option for:
a. Work Coordinates      Default movement from user's G54 offset
b. Machine Coordinates  G53
c. Absolute jog              G90
d. Increment jog           G91
e. Axis selection             X, Y, Z, A

or just 3 basic DRO inputs for X, Y, Z axes....idk

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 09:27:23 PM »
Louie,

I tried to implement your DRO box this evening. I think I am doing everything right but the machine is not moving. I have attached screen shots of the DRO setup and the code. I am very new to Lua so I am not sure if I am inadvertently doing something wrong.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 09:48:56 PM »
it`s name needs to be the same as the scr.GetProperty
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 10:08:22 PM »
Here is the screenshot and the screen set with the embedded code. Add, modify, delete, PLAY :)
Still working through G53 incremental commands. Mach4 doesn't allow G00 G91 G53 move. "Cannot execute G53 incremental". I'll figure a way.
All moves are G00. If you want a G01 option, just let me know.

--josh
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:11:27 PM by Screwie Louie »

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 10:16:55 PM »
to find what G is working  type it in to the MDI

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 08:25:33 PM »
Yea Success!!!!!

I now can send X or Y flying all over the place. Thanks Louie

One other question -- what does the Hidden box do? I tried to make a home button and place it over the LED on the main screen. That way the axis would home when you clicked on the red LED. I thought it would be easy as placing a button over the LED, hiding the button and then demoting the LED to level 1 to place it behind the LED. It did not work. I resorted to a small button on the top.
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 09:19:10 PM »
just delete the LED and replace it with a toggle button. Toggle buttons have a lot of features that you may want.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 09:35:08 PM »
you can set toggle buttons to do stuff on up and down click, change color, different wording, flash they are quite fun to play with you could have I am not homed, then have I am homed anything really.
but you wont to keep it as simple as possible if there is a function built in to the button or what ever use that save`s have to use code.

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 11:43:40 AM »
just delete the LED and replace it with a toggle button. Toggle buttons have a lot of features that you may want.

Louie - I tried this but the toggle button did not know when the other toggle button was depressed. Remember I was trying to do this to change between continuous and incremental steps on the Jog. If the machine was on continuous and I pressed incremental the other button did not know what was happening and would continue to appear like it was on. Perhaps it is best to look at what I was trying to do (see attached).

I am remedial and need REALLY big buttons to do common tasks or emergency tasks (like stop the machine).
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 10:17:28 AM »
the easiest way is to set the button state to 0 "of the opposite button" when the selected toggle button is pressed by using scr.SetProperty calls.

examples are in the screenset code I posted. -> click on the MdiDro, On Modify Script.