Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:28:08 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 (3.043.066) licensed version - Motor Tuning decimal resolution  (Read 4905 times)

I've had and used a licensed copy successfully for 5 years but a few years ago had to move Mach3 to another PC with XP so I could upgrade my x86 quad PC to Win7.  It's worked fine on which ever platform I installed it and only had it active on one PC (although I must admit I have done much CNC'ing in the past two years I have done a few projects).

Recently I saw a YouTube of a fella showing how to use the Settings tab to perform Axis Calibration to fine-tune the steps-per for an axis.  HIS Mach3's Steps-per values accepted and retained values out to 5 decimal places.

My Mach3 has ALWAYS allowed me to enter 5 decimal places for Steps-per in Motor Tuning but always rounds down to two decimal places.  e.g. 1142.86 instead of 1142.85764.  I know this is a small error for steps-per-inch but why the rounding to 2 places?  I've always assumed Mach3 did so a standard practice but now I see exceptions in other users values.  And I understand how Mach3 rounds up or down 1 step (or microstep) to a whole number.

So why does this guy's Step-per show 1545.83459 or 5 decimal places on his motor tuning values?  I posted this on the CamBam Forum and a responder confirmed he also had the same version as me and got 5 decimal places in his Motor Tuning.

My former and current Mach3 PC are Core2 Dual or Quad 2+Ghz, 3GB RAM machines running a Mach3 Kernel speed of 25000 Hz.

Any ideas?
airnocker

Everything depends on everything else
Re: Mach3 (3.043.066) licensed version - Motor Tuning decimal resolution
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 01:21:34 PM »
Sorry, meant to say at the end of first paragraph "I have not done much CNC'ing in the past two years..."
airnocker

Everything depends on everything else