Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:16:41 AM

Author Topic: missing gcode  (Read 2924 times)

missing gcode
« on: July 17, 2015, 02:44:11 PM »
Hello All,
I'm very new to cnc.  I've been put in charge of learning cnc so that my company can make face places and such for our servers.  I've been trying to teach myself Mach3 and Lazycam for about a month now and I'm so frustrated with it all!  I think I've got my table measurements down, but this weeks problem is that I've made a faceplate in Autocad then modified it in Lazycam, but the whole gcode won't transfer into Mach3.  Is there a known bug that you vet cnc people know about?  HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP!

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: missing gcode
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 02:48:47 PM »
Do you have licensed copy of Mach3?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 03:47:20 PM »
YES, my company bought the licensed copy of both Mach3 and Lazycam.  Our 6460z cnc machine came with a 4th axis that I haven't even looked at because I'm having so much trouble with just the basic stuff.  I am trying to make files with my simulated versions on my workstation since it's so hot in our warehouse where the actual licensed versions are.  Could that make a difference?
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 03:54:03 PM »
Yes, that can be a game changer.

The demo version of Mach3 is limited to 500 lines of code.
LazyCam demo has limitations as well.

You should try it at the licensed station.

Till Gerry gets back,
Russ

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 03:59:14 PM »
IIRC, you can have multiple PCs with your Mach lic. installed, just need 1 lic for each actual cnc machine.
And, you can put your LazyCam lic. in the office PC. Then transfer the finished file to the machine with a thumb drive.
Russ
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 05:16:02 PM »
you were right!  I did a thumb drive transfer and the whole gcode was there.  I went to lunch with a smile on my face..lol Thanks so much!  Now to convince my boss to give me the licence on my office computer! I have another question though.  When I set my limits and home my axises, they seem to change all the time.  When you speak of soft limits and home switches, are they actual, physical switches that I have to buy or are they just settings? 
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 05:17:21 PM »
Thanks Russ!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 05:23:17 PM »
 Limit switches are physical switches at the ends of the axis travel to prevent damage to the machine.
These can also double as Home switches as defined in the set-up configuration.
Soft limits are not physical switches but are coordinates in the config to prevent you from hitting a limit switch... which would throw an EStop condition.

If you have home switches mounted and configured, Mach will run a homing sequence and ZERO the machine coords as defined. If you have no physical switches, it will zero the axis at the current pos. when the home button is pressed