Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:23:52 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 backlash  (Read 4992 times)

Mach 4 backlash
« on: June 24, 2015, 06:42:35 AM »
Hello everybody I'm writing because i have a problem setting backlash on my systems. I've tried on mach 3 and 4 to set backlash, with no success, the software totally ignore my setting and acts as if no backlash was specified. I had same problem with mach3 now for my computer setting i would migrate on the most recent mach4. I have a demo version for now and this problem stop me to buy licence. I use pokeys 57 to run my step. I have looked in forum but i can't find any topic with the same problem.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 backlash
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 06:53:11 AM »
The best way to deal with backlash is to get rid of it or minimize it to something which is acceptable for your system.
Backlash compensation (BC) works in Mach3 and the following should be helpful.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,29149.msg204717.html#msg204717

Don't knowing anything about Pokeys controller, but if like other ones, it would need to support BC and maybe that is why BC is not working
for you. 

RICH
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 06:58:56 AM by RICH »
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 07:05:57 AM »
Hi Rich
Thank you for rapid answers. I've read in this post

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=24009.0

NeoTO says pokeys have no influences on backlash. But I think that i missed some setting. I ask you more directly the question. Is there in mach3 any option (except config->backlash) that can influence backlash? And in mach4 (execept motot tab in config->mach)?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 11:02:37 PM »
HMM........
BC is activated "any" time you change direction..... else it would be useless.
Been a few years since I used it. Think NeoTO info may be incorrect relative to jogging.
Don't take my word for it .....set the parameters so you can observe BC and see what happens when your jogging.
If I recall correctly the SS didn't do BC for a long time, thus, my comment relative to Pokeys.

The only options that I am aware of for Mach3 is what was in the link for it (reply#1). Shuttle Wheel setting is not in in the Backlash flyout but rather in General Config.

I don't know what they are doing for BC in Mach4 since I have not been following the Mach4 threads.

I know nothing about Pokeys functionality so someone else who uses it will need to reply about it.

RICH