Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:37:08 PM

Author Topic: Lua Sizer Confusion tying Sizer to Panel  (Read 6215 times)

Offline TimGS

•  108 108
    • View Profile
Re: Lua Sizer Confusion tying Sizer to Panel
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 02:59:08 PM »
You might have noticed that my code is still littered with local "dems" and "reps".... I wonder where that came from  ;D

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 05:16:00 PM »
Once you get used to sizers, you will wonder why that has not been the way to do it from the beginning of time.  Yeah, there is a learning curve.  And some things are not possible.  Overlapping controls, for example.  However, you can still do that by NOT using sizers.  You can set the control positions manually if you want to.  But it is hardly worth the effort.  Sizers make expanding/aligning the controls with the parent window much easier just by laying out the sizers in a manner that does what you want.  Eventually, you will know how to get what you want and it becomes second nature.  And not using overlapping controls is a small price to pay for that.  You just have to change how you lay out the window in most cases.

As you mentioned, wxFormBuilder now includes support for generating LUA code.  I have not tried it, but it is nice to see that they did that.  But using a tool like that can certainly help you visualize how to work with sizers.  Generate a form and put some sizers on it and see what the code looks like.  I think that would be pretty awesome.  I'll have to play with it if I have time.

Steve

Offline TimGS

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 05:19:46 PM »
Thank You all for the advise and help... :D