Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:28:50 PM

Author Topic: Another 2nd parallel port question  (Read 9446 times)

Offline Jackal

•  169 169
    • View Profile
Re: Another 2nd parallel port question
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 11:18:40 AM »
Thanks Simpson, :)

I got the drivers from the Moschip site and tried them.

Steve from PMDX had me  disconnect my B_O_B and try it on the other (2) added ports ( Rosewill), while changing and going through all the addresses and calling them Port#1.

It never would recognize.

I started having problems with Windows going crazy, and re-formatted the computer. After everything is back to where it was (there is  a good back up of my .xml), I will start again with the port thing.

Thanks for replying,

I really appreciate all of the help on here, :)

JAckal
Everything is bio-degradable if you run over it enough with a lawnmower.

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 11:33:28 AM »
Couple things;

1) only the fist number in the address is relevant.

2) Mach anomaly (may or may not still be with us in current versions)   For me, Mach would not tolerate changing the address in the config unless I first zeroed the address, disabled the port and closed and restarted Mach. Upon restarting Mach, I could then enable the port, put in a new port address and Mach would use it. Note that this is just an observation and I do not know why it happens this way. I might speculate that this is because the port driver has a death grip on the port while running as a separate process outside Mach, but whatever the cause, I found you have to slap Mach in a face to get it to let go of the address it is clinging to before it will consider changing to a new port address.

Offline Jackal

•  169 169
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 01:31:53 PM »
2) Mach anomaly (may or may not still be with us in current versions)   For me, Mach would not tolerate changing the address in the config unless I first zeroed the address, disabled the port and closed and restarted Mach. Upon restarting Mach, I could then enable the port, put in a new port address and Mach would use it. Note that this is just an observation and I do not know why it happens this way. I might speculate that this is because the port driver has a death grip on the port while running as a separate process outside Mach, but whatever the cause, I found you have to slap Mach in a face to get it to let go of the address it is clinging to before it will consider changing to a new port address.

That is VERY helpful.

It seemed strange to me that I was getting (2) set of address numbers for each port

Ex:

Port #2

A800-A807
       AC00-Ac07

Port #3

A00-A007
       A400-A407

Someone  else had told me to use just the first numbers before the (-).

That re-starting Mach  sounds like a good trick.

Simpson,

I sure  do thank you very much,

JAckal  ;D

Offline Jackal

•  169 169
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 08:38:46 PM »
  After reformatting, and installing the drivers and the CNC4PC brain that goes with my pendant, the motor tuning config box still won't open.

I removed  the drivers for the 2nd parallel port, and the CNC4pc brains for the C22 board & pendant.

Now I can run the motor config again.

JAckal

Offline Jackal

•  169 169
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 02:53:44 PM »
It all works now!

I took out the C-22 board and disabled the brains.

Configured Mach through the port pins and got 5+volts from the USB port.

Hope this helps someone.
It seems the brains had something that  corrupted Mach.

JAckal ;)
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 10:06:36 AM »
It all works now!

Hope this helps someone.

JAckal ;)
It all works now!

Hope this helps someone.

JAckal ;)

I have the same problem.... but to sum up your fix, what exactly was it that you needed to do? I have gone through this thread and a lot of other threads, I see that you tried many things but then in the end you disabled the brains and it worked? how can taht be? don't you need to have the brains enabled to get something to work, or write you own brains? please help, I am getting crazy, don't understand why cnc4pc can't simply make a youtube video, videos always tell you 1000 times more than text instructions :) thanks in advance  :)