Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 08:15:40 PM

Author Topic: Invalid value 4 for a boolean key "MatchCase" in config file  (Read 5156 times)

Offline TimGS

•  108 108
    • View Profile
Has anyone seen this error....

"Invalid value 4 for a boolean key "MatchCase" in config file"      ??? ???

Created a couple of registers and deleted them and started to see this error every time I open the Mach 4 Screen, PLC and Signal scripts  :-\

Any ideas ???

Thank You
Re: Invalid value 4 for a boolean key "MatchCase" in config file
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 07:59:43 AM »
config file ... something in your configuration status that you used to reference in one or your registers or vice versa or something about your configuration was pointing to your register and it is not there anymore returning a false status. maybe? I've installed & reinstalled mach 4 so much that i just copy my license and profile -> uninstall -> reinstall -> and configure within 10minutes. That's the efficiency I get for playing around in the screen start up and PLC scripts. haha! Honestly, I have no clue what that error is. Just a guess on my part about "pointing" to a false value or a value that is returning a false or nil status.

could be  some type of index that is trying to point to a "key" that had a value of a field in your configuration or startup file which used to be in your register plug-in which you deleted....did you have a table referenced in your register file? your guess is as good as mine...Lua is all about index's that are also known as keys are assigned values in a table or array.

for example: the key "distance mode" = "incremental" and "control mode" = "mill"

index=1    key = distance mode      value = incremental
index=2    key = control mode        value = mill

if you had a table and deleted it but some code is still trying to pull index#2 of  a mystery table that does not exist there would be no key to reference and return an nil or '0' value.

fml, i just totally went down the rabbit hole with this.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:11:54 AM by 20,000 Axes »
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 08:16:36 AM »
index=1   key=0     value=Axis X
index=2   key=1     value=Axis Y
index=3   key=2     value=Axis Z
index=4   key=3     value=Axis A

mc.mcAxisRegister or unmap or Enable = 0, false => table.remove...no longer there...i don't freakin know. but if a key was removed the index would be removed with it along with the value....I'm going to bed.

Offline TimGS

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 08:53:32 AM »
Thank You...
I like yourself have been playing a lot lately with scripts and may have to reload on occasion  ;D

...yes, an artifact of staying up late, having fun, making progress and sometimes finding those hidden  >:D that cause us to reload.

Thank You for your help

Offline TimGS

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 06:09:38 PM »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
I have reinstalled and I still get the error.  Started the Lua editor by itself and still get the error.  Please Help!

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 08:51:33 PM »
Are you using the same profile?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 09:32:36 PM »
 that may be a Window's error...maybe try Window's repair or restore point or registry hack to delete the registry key? look up windows registry repair or cleanup first. yep, bet that's it. Reg Key ...be careful though in the registry using regedit.

Offline TimGS

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 09:53:55 PM »
I think that you are right.... I started to search the registry earlier but couldn't find any Lua entries that matched the error.   :-\  I will look again tomorrow.  This error is more of an annoyance than a show stopper.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 10:30:34 PM »
one thing you can do is delete the mcLua.MCC from your macro folder it rebuilds on next start up from whats there not what was
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 12:53:05 AM »
Dan may be right. I read another post that after an install the person had the same error and he had to delete the mcLua.mcc file. After it recompiles Windows should repair that key it is reporting back as invalid. I also remember something about how the core code is assigned to a hidden directory and our whole Mach4 folder just points to it. yah, also looked in the registry and couldn't find any reference but then again because mach core is hidden it may be represented by some hexadecimal number in the registry. We would have a better chance of winning the lottery than going through those numbers. Shoot, it will only take you 5 seconds to delete and another 10 seconds to load and recompile. C'mon..hurry up! Let us know!