Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 08:28:11 PM

Author Topic: Can't Get Touch Probe Working  (Read 806 times)

Can't Get Touch Probe Working
« on: September 25, 2023, 05:21:52 PM »
Running Mach4 Hobby with PMGX 411 Smart Bob and a GeckoG540. I have the motors tuned and can drive it around, but I am unable to set Z using the Touchoff UI.  In input signal tab I have probe/Mapping Enabled with a green check. Device is SmartBob. Input name Pin 10 with Active low and Log Enabled are both checked green. I can see the probe wires light up the LED when i touch them together. If I run the Touchoff Button, it will lower the Z, but if I touch the wires together (not connected to bit/plate) ERROR: I get Unexpected Probe Touch.  Hoping this is something simple. Thanks

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Get Touch Probe Working
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 05:54:36 PM »
You could try swapping the Active low to high and try again.

What happens if you type this into MDI and touch the wires.

If you use inches

G31 Z-2. F5.

For metric

G31 Z-50. F125.

Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 06:40:50 PM »
Hi
Switching off Active Low and the Probe led ceases to light. I tried running that code and nothing happened.
I ran the TouchOff UI pretty much at default with  Probe Rate:5/Retract Distance0.11/Prep feed Rate 60/Perep Distance .25/Tool Probe Diameter.250. It runs, but stops after .5 inches. If I touch the wires at any point during the TouchOff, i get the "Unexpected Probe Touch"
Thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2023, 07:30:30 PM »
Tried with Cycle Start MDI. That began travel in -Z. I touched wires and it stopped, but threw an error: No synchronized position from motion planner"