Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:23:42 AM

Author Topic: Router vs Mill display config?  (Read 1490 times)

Router vs Mill display config?
« on: February 18, 2017, 04:28:01 PM »
On a router the conventional axis orientation is  (y - side to side) and (x - forward and back)  . I'd like to be able to configure Mach3 in this manner

If I switch the the pins in config, or the connectors on the Gecko, I can get it to jog in the correct manner with the arrow keys on the keyboard.  But on the screenset the X and Y DRO's are still reversed.  Is there any way to change that?

Alternately, is there a way to switch the output of the arrow keys on the computer?

If i have to I could just retrain my brain, but it seems Mach3 should support a conventional router setup.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Router vs Mill display config?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 02:20:36 AM »
It all depends on where you stand in relation to the machine but Mach3 has been orientated so that the X axis movement is left to right and the Y axis movement is front to back.
If you open the MPG (Tab key) the X and Y jog arrows indicate the direction the tool should move in relation to the work.

However, you are able to set movement direction and the associated keyboard keys to any combination that suits you best. Config. / System Hotkeys lets you choose the keys.

Tweakie.
PEACE