Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:24:47 PM

Author Topic: Rosequist mill and Mach3  (Read 4608 times)

Offline Syl

•  5 5
    • View Profile
Rosequist mill and Mach3
« on: September 08, 2009, 02:24:22 PM »
I have  a Chris Rosechrist CNC mill made from a modified Chinese mill/drill.  Works fine.

Have been away from milling for a couple of years, and now want to get started with Mach3.  But I'm having trouble getting it going.

Does anyone have a xml file for the above machine?  Right now my license is from Mach one and I don't know if I need a  new one.  Comments?

Also I cannot get Mach3 to reset even though I have unplugged the parallel cable.  More comments?

thanx . . . syl

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Rosequist mill and Mach3
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 02:49:49 PM »
Dont have an xml I am afraid.

No the licence is good for Mach3

Does it have an E-Stop button? If yes then make sure it is out, some you twist to release others you just pull out. If it still doesnt help (or doesnt have an E-Stop) then you need to change the active state of the E-Stop. You do that from Config menu, Ports and Pins, Inputs then scroll down to E-Stop. Once changed press the reset and it should be fine, next push your E-Stop button to confirm it resets Mach, if it doesnt then looks like you have a fault on the E-Stop wiring so check that out.
Hood

Offline Syl

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 07:48:26 PM »
Thanx.  I solve the problem by loading 1.84 instead of 3.04.  I don't know what the difference is, but I can now reset. 

Now I need an xml file.  I'll try to make one., but I'm not too optimistic about that.

Thanx again . . . syl

Offline Syl

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 08:14:25 PM »
Hi -

Does anyone have an Mach3 xml file for the Chinese mill/drill converted to CNC by Chris Rosequist?

Sure would appreciate it!

thanx . . . syl
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 08:36:49 AM »
I had the same problem, not sure if you still want this info.

But, I resarched breakout boards and figured out that Chris Rosequist use Bob Campbell designs boards.
Here is a link to the downloads page.  I have a Rev 1.6 board and talked with Bob, he said my board will still support Mach3.

http://campbelldesigns.net/breakout-board-mach2-3-files.php

Hope this helps.
Laszlo
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 07:29:19 AM »
Hello Syl,

Are you still active here ?
I have the same mill and have problems getting it to respond to the software.
Hope to see your reply.

Thank you.