Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 10:04:19 AM

Author Topic: External start button  (Read 15255 times)

External start button
« on: April 27, 2007, 03:05:43 PM »
Hello,,
I am slowly learning how to use Mach3,, I need to set up an external start button for the system I am building,, I have tried input 1, enable, on pin 12, active low, hotkey atl/r or 2162,, On the diagnostic screen I can seen my input opening and closing with my palm button, but my g code wont start?

I have also tried your OEM triggers
#1, enable, on pin 11, active low, went into config/ systemhotkeys and set OEM trigger to 0000,
Then close pin 11 to ground and my g code dose not start,,

My keyboard keys will operate mach3  as in alt/r  and alt/s to start and stop..

what am i doing wrong?

thanks
Josh Learman

ps. Building and Induction Heat treat scanner run off of stepper motors.

Hood

Re: External start button
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 06:53:22 PM »
Hi Josh
 I have moved your question into a thread of its own for two reasons, firstly you will be more likely to get help and secondly the Introduce yourself thread is really just meant for that.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 06:58:41 PM »
I have only used a keyboard emulator to make physical buttons with so am not really sure how to do it direct. From what I can see you will need to put the pin and port number that your button is connected to and you will also need to put the Hot Key in the box and I think also you will need to put a check in the emulated box.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 07:03:46 PM »
Heres what I think it should look like, BTW I have the wrong scan code in, it should be 2130 but I would have to take another screenshot and I am a lazy b %^$& ;)
Hood
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 07:19:30 PM »
No I didnt have it set like that I, I Had the hot key set at 2162, but that is the number it put down when I pushed alt/R Allso I had the accitve low tab checked,, what dose emulate mean,,when i had it checked input 1 stopped lighting up on my diagnastic screen when I pushed my start button,

Ill try your suggestion of hotkey 2160 tomarrow morring and post if it works!!

thanks
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 07:21:14 PM »
Or hotkey 2130  :D 
thanks
josh

Hood

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 07:21:50 PM »
Hi yes I get 2162 as well. There may be a problem as it should be 2130. I have asked Brian to have a look and see if he can work out why the wrong scan code is being entered.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 07:31:34 PM »
That is good new please forward me any other hot key numbers I aslo tryed alt/s for input 1,( for stop) but it made the tool path come up or it ingaged the alt/4 key when it did that it gave me a odd sence of hope becouse I made input 1 do something it wasnt the something I wanted but it was nice none the less, so it might be putting in the wrong # stop aswell..

Hood

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 07:36:12 PM »
Just talked to Brian.
What you need to do is go to config menu then system hotkeys and type 1000 into OEM Trigger 1 box. Then  go to ports and pins and set your OEM Trigger  #1 to your port and pin then it should work.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 07:32:30 AM »
Up bright and early in the shop, all is well, works fine!!  I also printed off OEM buttons list from MachCustomize WIKI  Here is the address if anybody else needs any external buttons or switches for there project.  http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/MachCustomizeWiki/index.php?title=OEM_Buttons

Thanks Alot HOOD
Josh