Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:29:56 AM

Author Topic: Save Work Offsets  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Save Work Offsets
« on: April 21, 2007, 10:30:53 PM »

I have a fixture setup at a known position on my table.

Set "Fixture 2 (G55)" to the coordinates matching that fixture in the Save Work Offset table.

Home machine then select G55 offset, "Goto Z" puts me right where I want to be.  All good so far.

If for any reason I zero an axis it changes the G55 offset in the "Save Work Offset" table.

I don't want this to happen. I then have to re enter and save the correct offset in the table again.

Which check box on the General Config Page must I set to not allow the offset to change until I want it to?

Thanks,  Greg

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Save Work Offsets
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 04:40:02 AM »
You could set up an M code macro with a G10 in it that sets your offsets for you, that way they will never get lost and also you can enter the M code in all the programs that use that fixture offset.

E.g.

G10 L2 P2 Xnnn.nnn Ynnn.nnn Znnn.nnn

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Save Work Offsets
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »

Thanks for that Graham. I may need to do that.

Just seems a bit strange to have a "Save Work Offsets" button that leads to a table to enter offsets and select save.

Then have these altered by other operations and catch you out when you don't want them to be.

Was hoping I just needed to have the correct selections made in General Config to not allow these unwanted changes to happen.

Greg