Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:39:21 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 - Arduino and Touchscreen  (Read 31168 times)

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 - Arduino and Touchscreen
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2015, 09:40:11 PM »
Here`s Modbus redone to run on the new version of Arduino it`s for arduino uno only
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2015, 05:20:09 PM »
sweet project!

Have you guys heard of MQTT?  "MQTT is a light-weight publish/subscribe messaging protocol, there are already MQTT C and Java libraries with Lua". Basically we would use telemetry sensing to conduct an I/O action. For example, the table is done moving -> auto contact the operator / alarm / etc / -> turn output 30 on (do something in Mach 4) ---or being able to actuate the mill with mach4 over the internet no matter where you are at --- or with passive RFID, we can authorize certain people to use the mill only...etc.

sensor + audrino = client
MQTT server = broker + logic (described as a 'topic')
Mach 4 = subscriber

1. we create a 'topic' on the MQTT server
so...by using sensors on the mill, attached to the audrino (with relays or whatever applicable shields)  using (wifi+PSU or power over Ethernet) will 'publish' a message to the corresponding 'topic'
2. the 'topic' is updated
3. Mach4 PLC has 'subscribed' to this topic and constantly looks to see for an update status, once the 'topic' is updated Mach 4 = do some user defined action

Have a looksy....http://www.eclipse.org/paho/
Got the idea from...http://superhouse.tv/

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2015, 05:26:58 PM »
have fun
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2015, 06:27:02 PM »
why not...attach a camera to a mircrocontroller and broadcast live to a server for you to watch anywhere...live streaming and control over the machine, if you are an authorized user :o) idk, probably been done before...

or maybe for live education mach4 purposes?
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2015, 06:28:40 PM »
...remote access to user's computer with live streaming action of mill....to write custom scripts for their specific requirement....

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2015, 08:16:41 PM »
its do able.

it may be done with the novakon atc`s if the owner of the mill wont's to have a camera I think it`s being considered as there is going to be a web interface for the atc`s so the maker of them can check all setting`s are correct and what if any problem`s come up.

it will more than likely be ported over to M4 as well

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2015, 08:21:34 PM »
that modbus I ported over its for any board with the same chip set as a uno and mega. I will work on getting it done for 32u4 boards I just have to find the different words used between ATmega 328 and 32u4 boards once I have it done I will test on a uno in M4 only
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2015, 08:39:59 PM »
I have to look into this Modbus y'all keep talking about....it seems as if it is a must have, as if you have an external hardware requirement but no more physical I/O pins. Whereas, Modbus is the software interface (plugin) via Ethernet/TCP's between your hardware and Mach allowing for a lot of I/O signals.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2015, 08:44:26 PM »
yep ever a Arduino or a PLC

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2015, 12:36:10 PM »
Well ive had lots of work lately and not much time for coding (till now).

Ive decided i am sticking with the arduino yun cause from it i can use python, linux and of course the arduinos own offering. got a bit of progress with it talking to mach4 over tcp so i will continue on this line.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas