Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:23:38 PM

Author Topic: Servo faults are showing up again  (Read 2737 times)

Servo faults are showing up again
« on: April 20, 2007, 07:25:45 PM »
Hi

I thought I had my problems with servo faults solved. Art had mentioned to set Mach3 to sherline mode. That seemed to end the errors on the X axis servo. Just to play it safe I ordered shielded and twisted paired cables and line drivers from US Digital. Now that I have the cables and driver installed for the x and z axis the x is faulting again. It always seems to be the direct drive servo on the x and never the z. I have the Rogers machine encoder interface card so it will stop the machine if the following error gets too large. A few weeks ago I was cutting a 3D part at 100 ipm with a following error set to .005. I didn`t have any problems with faults. Now I have the following error set to 1 inch and the axis faults after it moved .5
I`m lost.
 :'(

Barry

Hood

Re: Servo faults are showing up again
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 02:44:24 AM »
Barry
 not sure how you have the encoder interface board set up but I think it is primarily meant for steppers rather than servos. Servo drives usually have their own fault count on them so that if the encoder reports it isnt at the position that the drive has told it to go then it will fault. If you have the board from Ron as well, do you have another encoder for each axis?
Hood
Re: Servo faults are showing up again
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 08:20:50 AM »
The plugin will work great for servos as well as steppers :)
I think your problem is that you hooked both ends of the shield to ground... Please be sure that only one end is grounded 
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com