Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 02:00:28 AM

Author Topic: Help with rapid home switch zeroing  (Read 5952 times)

Re: Help with rapid home switch zeroing
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 07:54:59 PM »
Something to remember When Mach3 first starts up it has NO idea where it is at in 3d space(your machine). So it would be possible if you ran the routine it could slam into the stops at full speed.

I would and do suggest for people to  Refhome the machine at a reasonable safe speed then do a follow up at slow speed.  Besides you only refhome once per machine session right ?  No real time waisted compared to repairs.

Just a thought,

(;-) TP

Sure.. I know all this.. and I hear what you are saying :)

With that in mind though.. im not sure if I agree with that Mach3 has no idea where the machine is. As long as you have not moved the machine with your own hands (when it is powered off) there is no problem at all. As long as you have activated "Persistance DRO" Mach3 will always remember the last machine coordinates. So even though you have turned the machine of and restarted Mach3, the Machine cooridantes wil be there.

So, I can not see anything that would go wrong here. As long as no one is tampering with the machine while it is off.

But I thank you for your advice.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 08:08:01 PM »
As many times as I have seen Mach3 corrupt the XML on close( that is where your settings are stored) also people fiddle with your machine when you are not around(oh yes they do)  and seen machines slam the stops I do not nor recommend trusting Mach3 for that.

BUT it is your machine, have at it. (;-)

(;-) TP
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 08:18:09 PM »
Haha. I appriciate your concern. If someone fiddels with my machine.. I will know. There are only 4 of us that are able to do so. And I know them all. No one has (as of yet) done anything like that.
With that said.. If Mach3 will screw up, well.. that is a different story. I will, how ever, keep an eye on the machine coordinates when I start Mach3. If it seems odd, or if the coordinates are all zero.. well.. then I cant runt the command. Or, I can run it.. the machine will just not ref that fast. No harm will come to it though.

Now this may not "save the machine" if something do happen, but I have adjusted the program so that the machine wont to a rapid move all the way to the home switches. It wil stop 20 mm away from them.. then move slower towards them and stop 5 mm short of the switch. If it would "hit the switch" in 4000 mm/min, there will be no harm. It will stop long before it hits the physical stop.

Anyway.. whith all that said. I cant guranantee that it will never do something stupid.. but I will take my changes.. for now ;)