Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:34:32 AM

Author Topic: spindle calibration help  (Read 4821 times)

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
spindle calibration help
« on: November 08, 2005, 01:13:55 PM »
Anyone have any experience with spindle calibration.  I am using the PWM mode to fire a mosfet that charges a capacitor and feeds a voltage to my Sieg 7X12 mini lathe.  I know that my voltage to PWM signal is probably non-linear and thought the spindle calibration would change the gain for the output of the PWM signal.  When I run the auto calibration it goes through it completely and finishes but the graph and operation of it looks erratic, the graph of control output and speed moves even though the speed is not changing and the control output is not changing either until the last few minutes, at that time the graph is pegged out and the control signal changes so fast the motor accelleration never catches up with it.  Is there a way to manually enter the curve if I manually plot the PWM output vs speed.  My circuit works fine and I can change the speed just fine, just would like to fine tune this.

Thanks Zar

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
Re: spindle calibration help
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 02:25:58 AM »
Hi Zarzul

Frankly, I think you may have a hardware problem here. Either in the PWM output circuit, or in the spindle Index pulse input. It may be voltage levels, or it may be noise pickup.

Cheers
Roger