Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:36:20 PM

Author Topic: Why is my cnc cutting my designs half size?????? Newbee question  (Read 4231 times)

Hi
I have just set up a Chinese 6040 cnc( i know its cheap but i just want to try it out,so far i'm hooked  ), it all seems to work great but when i loaded my g-code (from aspire ) the job was 23" x 9" but it cut it out approx half size?
I've been through the set up a couple of times and used the setting that came with the cnc ( which were brief to say the least!  )
Can any one give me some idea of what might be wrong and how to fix it.

Cheers Tony 

Offline Hal

•  60 60
    • View Profile
Re: Why is my cnc cutting my designs half size?????? Newbee question
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »
Look at your steps/unit setting under motor tuning. Try doubling this number. If the DRO moves one inch does the machine move one inch? You can also try the calubration part of Mach3.

Hal
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:59:15 AM »
Hi Hal
Thanks for the advice, had a play around with the steps per unit and got it sorted  ;D ;D ;D
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 04:18:43 PM »
For some reason my Z axis is in reverse. When starting to cut a project, the CNC lifts off the surface at each past. Instead of cutting down deeper with each past, it move upward. My keyboard page up takes the Z down, and the page down take the Z upward. Would this be the reason? Can anyone help?
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 08:37:32 PM »
Under motor setup you should be able to set direction to negative.

Are you in M3 or 4