Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:16:16 PM

Author Topic: Tool changer motor overheating  (Read 5127 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Tool changer motor overheating
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 10:41:14 PM »
IT could be hopping over the line of code in the script and would not hang. Try placing some sleeps to help control timing.  Some PCs will do that some won't.   I would try adding in some SLEEP statements to help track it down. put a short sleep before and after the offending line of code as a test.
Sleep(100) should do. If that fixes the problem then rewrite the code to insure proper timing of the code( yea I know you should not have to do that BUT(;-) ).

You should be able to look at the output signal LED to see IF it turned on and OFF

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 10:58:15 PM »
After looking at the Macro something is strange about the code. It cannot see how it could  work as described as the Case statements are NOT reading the switch logic but are actual creating the logic. That process is called dark logic where it decodes the switch logic (on/off). In the code it is turning ON/OFF the outputs not reading it.

Or it could be my slow brain these days (;-)

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 04:30:37 AM »
That process is called dark logic where it decodes the switch logic (on/off).

What - like in a Darth Vader kind of dark?  ;D

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 09:44:55 AM »
DID I say Dark logic  ???

That should have been GREY logic.  :D

(;-) TP

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 10:11:31 AM »
Oh don't spoil it - I LIKE Dark logic.  ;D

Serious hat on for a second though. Curiously, if you check it out again it's NOT actually Grey Code but I'd have expected it to be...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:52:31 AM by stirling »
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 07:26:06 PM »
Hi guys,

First off, I screwed up. When things started to turn brown I had set active low on outputs 2 and 5 to off. So I'm not
sure why anything was working at all. I reset those outputs to active low, and the tool post would start to move, but
never complete the change. I cannot explain it, it's very frustrating.

That said, I played with the dwell values, and now have the G4 values after the "ActivateSignal" for 2 and 5 set to P1.

The tool changer is now working as it should. With the stethoscope I can hear the motor continue to run for about
half a second after the tool post locks down, then it goes silent.

Sterling and Terry, your thoughts have been invaluable in helping me to track this problem down. I'm quite disappointed
in the support Syil gave me.

I'll be heeding your advice and looking to replace the G4's with Sleeps. Oh, Sterling, "G4 Dwells in ms" is not ticked.

I don't know if it's dark logic, black magic or bad juju, but it was driving me nuts.

Thanks again for your help and thoughts, if you have any further ideas please don't hesitate to put them forward.

Best regards
Mark