Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:45:21 PM

Author Topic: Help get rid of soft limit warnings  (Read 2071 times)

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
Help get rid of soft limit warnings
« on: April 09, 2015, 11:45:05 PM »
Tired of getting soft limit warnings every time I load a program, even though it runs fine.

It seems to be related to calling for an axis to go to 0, but I would not swear to it.

Here is a simple two hole drilling g code you can look at. It gives z and y warnings. They seem to go away if I disable the steps that have z0 or y0 in them.
I suspect it is going to be because my soft limits are z0, y0 & x0, but that is where I want them....so if that is this cause, then what can I do about it?
I have real home and limit switches. The home switch is before the limits are hit. The limits kill the machine no matter what the software wants.
You should also know that my tool change macro moves z above the home position into the positive area, but the macro disables and enables soft limits. I do not think this is having any effect on anything as far as the warnings are concerned. Like I said, they seem to go away if I disable the lines calling for 0 moves

I could make the soft limits on x and y slightly negative (past home switch) or something. There is a little room between the home and limits. I could also make the soft limit slightly positive above zero if needed I suppose. This just seems like it would be an issue if your beyond that and hit ref home or something. It might just go ahead and drive into the limits since the home switch would not be tripped.....

Or do I need to make the soft limits just a hair in front of the home? Hate to lose any more working space. I already lost some when I quit using the limits as home switches so I could make real limits that kill the machine rather than let mach3 ignore stuff and crash my machine.

Attached are my limits, tool table used, and the gcode.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:50:08 PM by jevs »

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Help get rid of soft limit warnings
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 07:30:54 AM »
Turn off the solftlimits?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
Re: Help get rid of soft limit warnings
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 09:48:07 AM »
I like having them though. When I am jogging around it keeps me from hitting the real limits on accident or getting Z into the tool change area up past home.