Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:26:45 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 install On windows xp embedded issue.  (Read 3348 times)

Mach 3 install On windows xp embedded issue.
« on: February 27, 2015, 01:17:07 PM »
Hello All  I am new to this Forum.  I have been lurking around for a while.  I finally decided to plunge into mach3.  I have tried to install Mach3 on a dell optiplex fx160.  I am having trouble with an error.  I get the error. 
Mach3.exe entry point not found
the procedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll.    i am thinking this is a microsoft visual c runtime  library.

i have updated the .net framework as it was version 2.0.  i updated to 3.5 sp1.  but still the error.

i have reinstalled mach 3 twice but still this problem.  has anybody seen this or at least point me in the right direction. 

Thanks in advance. 

Marcus
Re: Mach 3 install On windows xp embedded issue.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 10:12:16 PM »

I don't know, Marcus, but what I would try is to search your pc for msvcrt.dll, see what version it is, then google msvcrt.dll and see if you can find a later (or earlier) version.

Re: Mach 3 install On windows xp embedded issue.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 07:54:31 PM »
well its been a while.  I have been out of town traveling and i finally got some time to get this fixed.  i ended up buying a mount for the internal hard drive as mine only had the svram.  I mounted the hard drive and installed windows 7 32 bit.  Got rid of embedded and installed Mach 3 now its working fine.  I didn't have too much experience with embedded xp, and the svram was giving me a lot of trouble. 

let the fun begin ;)