Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:04:54 PM

Author Topic: Help with Tormach CNC Scanner  (Read 2621 times)

Help with Tormach CNC Scanner
« on: March 30, 2015, 05:49:02 PM »
I have recently purchased the Tormach CNC Scanner and I am attempting to use it on a non Tormach machine running Mach 3.
Andrew from Tormach has busted his ass to help me get it sorted but we can't get it working, its a really great item and I use it so need to sort the problem out.

What is happening is that the camera is failing to delay as per the software config file.  What happens the software takes a image while the camera is moving which results in the images being all out of line.

Does anyone have a suggestion about how to fix this or a alternative software that I can achieve the same thing for me with scans.
We had thought is was a problem with later version of Mach 3 but that doesn't seem to have been the issue.

All help greatly appreciated.
Tony

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Tormach CNC Scanner
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 12:13:04 PM »
Tony, Tormach is the one that WROTE the software to do the function. THEY will be the only one that can trouble shoot your problem. Tormach's  RUN mach3 so I can't believe they cannot help you short it out.

You paid for the accessorry , they are the one that need to step up and get it done.

Just a thought, (;-)TP
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 01:05:17 PM »
Hi TP,
You are 100% right, I have asked them to have a look at the plugin code and tell me what the key inputs are for the software to control the delay but they can't or don't seem to be able to do it.
I have spent a lot of time trying to get it running and sadly it may end with me having to return the CNC scanner for a credit.
Tony

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 05:47:57 PM »
You need to talk with the HEAD of the food chain at Tormach (;-)  ASK to talk with Greg.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:50:55 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 06:01:34 PM »
Thanks I will give it a go,
It seems that a few non Tormach machine guys that have brought the scanner think the quality is no good.  They just don't realize that it won't run on a non Tormach machine.