Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 12:21:20 PM

Author Topic: Slaving an axis trouble  (Read 2086 times)

Slaving an axis trouble
« on: December 03, 2014, 07:24:32 PM »
 I  am having trouble slaving the x-axis to the a-axis.  Went to config/slave axis/x-axis and checked the slaved a-axis slot.  restarted the program and it will not slave.  in fact i tried every combination and nothing (Slaved x to a, y to a z to a).  I did notice that the Zero4 - DRO does not move when the axis was programed to slave .  when i do not slave the a-axis the dRO moves and so does the motor.  So the motor and driver are good.  Yes i have one of those chinese XHC-MK6 motion controllers that stipulate that it is Mach 3 capatiable.  Any suggestions, does anyone know where i can get support from the XHC-Mk6 motion controller? 
Re: Slaving an axis trouble
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 04:16:36 PM »
 Hi Big Bop,

Its been awhile sense you posted, but I will try. Have you enabled the A axis port under ports and pins?
Regards
Charlie M.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 04:27:21 PM »
Check General Config and see that the A is defined in agreemnet with what your trying. IE; linear or angular

Can't be of any help on the Chinee stuff though,

RICH

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 05:28:52 PM »
Yes i have one of those chinese XHC-MK6 motion controllers that stipulate that it is Mach 3 compatible.

When the a axis is slaved to another axis, the 4th axis DRO will NOT show movement, but the motor should move.

Are there any slaving options in the plugin configuration?
You might check with the manufacturer to see if they support slaving.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html