Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:39:54 PM

Author Topic: Pendant MPG moves backwards  (Read 2336 times)

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
Pendant MPG moves backwards
« on: March 12, 2015, 08:13:39 PM »
How can I change the direction of my pendant that goes through a pokeys. Spinning it moves the axis backwards from what it should be. I found what I think it might be, but everything is greyed out in the settings. So, not sure.

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
Re: Pendant MPG moves backwards
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 08:31:09 PM »
Figured it out. You have to got to Peripherals, select Fast Encoders Settings, then check the box for Invert Direct of the Encoder your reversing. Then go out and write it to the controller.
Since it is a fast encoder apparently you cannot edit those in any way on the main screen.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 01:20:29 AM »
Or you can just swap A and B signals coming from encoder to PoKeys device.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 09:02:57 AM »
In my case, my pendant is all plug and play and "connectorized", so that would have involved disassembling a DB25 (I think) or the pendant itself, unsoldering pins etc.
That would work, but too much work in my particular setup. I am glad they give a swap option or I would have been stuck doing that.
I am finding that I think I like my control panel jog buttons and twist knobbing to the speed I want better than spinning the wheel on the pendant though. It is nice though if you want to get a closer look and not be reaching up to the panel.