Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:11:14 AM

Author Topic: How do I pause for part removal? (newbie)  (Read 4820 times)

How do I pause for part removal? (newbie)
« on: February 26, 2015, 11:46:26 AM »
I  want to cut multiple pieces from a 40' I-beam.
How do I tell the machine to stop when it has finished each part until I have removed it, and then resume the program?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: How do I pause for part removal? (newbie)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 01:10:08 PM »
Program the Machine to move to a spot out of the way then add M01 to the Gcode.  Mach3 will Wait untill you press the Cycle Start button again then resume running the Code.

Caution : this is a software PAUSE it does NOT mean the machine cannot restart on its own.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 01:33:37 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Bodini

•  216 216
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 07:10:33 PM »
M1 is OPTIONAL stop.  It will only stop if the OPTIONAL box is ticked.  If it is not ticked then the program will not stop.  M0 is stop with no option to turn it off.  Don't ask me how many times I got screwed by that before I learned where to use which one.  M1 is good if you have a program that you might want it to stop in places during code this run, but maybe the next run you don't want it to stop, so you untick the option.  If you want it to stop for sure, every time you run the program, use M0.

Both of them will continue to run when hit Cycle Start.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 07:53:51 PM »
This is odd.  I used to be able to program in a tool change via Mastercam - very basic Z UP, spindle STOP, manually change tool, hit RUN PROGRAM to resume.  After the in ital Z move (up) I could move the head out of the way via an X-axis move, then when ready to resume running just hit the RUN PROGRAM and X-axis would return to the last known position (prior to the manual jog during the M0 period).  Now that no longer seems to work.  Instead, the program tries to resume from the new ("temporary") X-axis location.

Any idea?