Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:35:44 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 problems  (Read 8850 times)

Offline Monty

•  116 116
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 problems
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 01:13:32 PM »
GPDC,

To get a screen shot just press the <Shift> and <PrtSc> keys on your keyboard at the same time. This will save a .bmp file to the clip board of the current screen. Then Paste from the clip board into a program like ms paint. You can then crop the picture and resize it to about 600 wide to make it fit on most peoples screens. Then "save as" a .jpeg or whatever file format you want.

To attach it to your post click on "Additional Options" at the bottom of the post window. I use the "browse" button to find the picture file on my computer and attach it.

Thats how I do it. There are probably other ways. You might check the FAQ section on this forum for additional pointers.

Monty

Hood

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 01:16:54 PM »
Also forgot to say there are a few ways to actually get the screenshots. Windows has its default way, you press the Prt Scr button and a copy of your complete screen will be saved to the clipboard. You can then open a graphics package  or word or whatever and paste it in there. You can also refine this slightly by pressing Alt at the same time as Prt Scr and it will only capture the active window that you have open.
 Best way of all is to grab yourself a copy of one of the many screen capture programs. The one I use is ScreenHunter and the free version works just fine. This way is much better than the default windows way as it will save the image directly as a JPG, or BMP or whatever you have chosen and you dont have to paste anything. You can also configure screenhunter to work in different ways, I have it set up with a hotkey and also prefer to use the option that lets you choose what area to capyure.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 01:18:32 PM »
I noticed Monty had posted as I was posting but decided not to edit my reply as there is the info about screenhunter and also I am too much of a lazy ba&^%$d :D
Hood

Offline Monty

•  116 116
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 01:25:47 PM »
Screen hunter sounds like a better way. I'll have to download a copy and give it a try. The Windows method makes you jump through a bunch of hoops. I am too much of a lazy #$%#@@ to change my other post too :D.

Monty

Hood

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 01:38:31 PM »
I knew I wasnt the only one ;)
Hood