Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:11:22 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Screw Error Mapping  (Read 9893 times)

Re: Mach4 Screw Error Mapping
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 09:39:50 AM »
Any update on this?
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 01:04:18 PM »
Have any of the new mach 4 updates added screw mapping yet?
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 09:48:04 PM »
I wondered if maybe screw mapping was coming soon.

Without it Mach4 is just a toy to me since I can't make anything precise. I'd really like to switch from my current cnc software but I need this. I'm including a chart to show what I mean...

Thanks.

Mark

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 10:20:25 PM »
Unfortunately, it is difficult, not tested, and not documented.  :(  So it is not ready.  And I don't know when we will get to it.  We have to prioritize.  :(

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 09:46:02 AM »
:( So no kinematics? Is it possible? I know I can do it with a PLC - the pulse train from Mach would go through a PLC which would have the mapping data and add or subtract a few steps to account for the error. But having this in Mach would greatly simplify things.

Dan

hey Dan. you say you are correcting the other axs using a plc script?
i also would like to do the same thing but... is plc fast enough to compensate while gcode is running?

thanks.

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 10:03:39 AM »
Never eventually did it. Was just a thought. I think it would depend on what you've got for a controller (defines the signal width) and what is the max step pulse frequency. Modern PLCs can have scan times in the range of 0.1mS. My feeling is it could be not enough if you have high frequency step signal. But you could do simple math calculation to determine.

Another option could be an Arduino type microcontroller, which has much faster processors. The fastest I have seen from Arduino is 84Mhz. I think it should easily accomplish the task if you program it correctly.

Dan