Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:39:16 AM

Author Topic: Z zero resetting at the end of a program  (Read 2143 times)

Z zero resetting at the end of a program
« on: October 23, 2015, 10:42:25 AM »
Odd problem with a router running mach3

At the end of a part program the cutter retracts to z.8 (zero set on top of the part) and then the program sends the machine to x and y 0.0 (lower left corner of the material) and then does a m30 to end the program.

If you look at the DRO when everything is done the Z is sitting at -1.7, which if I change to machine co-ords is what it says it should be while the x and y show the offset where the material is (3 and 3 in this case)

So it would appear that somehow at the end of the program it is resetting the z axis back to the machine value or erasing the z offset or something, but not affecting the x and y

I thought it might be from the router turning off but since it's not some random number I now think maybe no.

Z zero is being set with a tool-sense plate if that makes a difference

Any thoughts?
M

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Z zero resetting at the end of a program
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 01:55:01 PM »
Look in Gen Config and see IF you have any of these checked.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 03:53:26 PM »
I ran several parts today and after each one the Z value changed but not the same each time, I originally thought it was going to machine value but it doesn't seem consistent,  it's changing each time, always on the z and always right when the program ends, after it goes to it's x/y zero

I checked the general config screen and they have "perform G92.1", "Turn off spindle" and "radius comp off" all checked
What exactly the perform G92.1 do?
Thanks
M

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 04:46:10 PM »
(;-) UNCHECK them. I would leave on turn off all ouputs.

(;-) TP