Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:52:36 AM

Author Topic: Wear offsets in the wrong direction  (Read 1606 times)

Wear offsets in the wrong direction
« on: March 03, 2015, 11:59:53 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I wonder if someone can help me with the following issue, I just started working on a "MACH3 turn". The problem I currently have, is that every time I make an offset in the wear offset page, the machine takes it in the opposite direction. Is there any switch or parameter that I need to change?

Thanks in advance,
Oscar

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Wear offsets in the wrong direction
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 03:34:51 AM »
It is the way they work in Mach, if you measure and your stock is undersize then you enter a negative value so that Mach then knows the tool is lat a position less than its current value.
If you wanted you coulld write a few lines of code in the macropump and place a user DRO on screen instead of the wear offset DRO. what you would have the code do is look at the user DRO and multiply by -1 and then write the result to the wear offset DRO. That way what you see and what you actually write would seem correct to you.

One other thing to be aware of, if you are using Dia mode then do not use ver 066 of Mach, it is screwed up for Turn and one of the things that is wrong is it will double your value for the wear offset, in other words it is not taking account of you being in Dia mode. Ver 062 seems to be the best compromise for turn.

Hood
Re: Wear offsets in the wrong direction
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:21:00 PM »
Thanks Hood. I think I can manage it. As long as I know which direction is moving.

Regards,
Oscar