Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:34:27 AM

Author Topic: My first CNC (plasma) machine  (Read 19758 times)

Re: My first CNC (plasma) machine
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2015, 09:35:36 AM »
Just thought I would stop in and give an update. Ive uploaded more pictures to the build album. Ive got the gantry back together and am now going to start building the Y axis plate. I think I might be able to do that tonight. The house shopping is done, so Im trying to get as much done as I can before settlement and its time to move in. I cant wait to tinker around in the garage. I managed to find a house with a two car, 3 story garage. That should be enough room to house future projects.
Re: My first CNC (plasma) machine
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2015, 07:36:58 AM »
Just wanted to give everyone an update. I am under power now and starting to test it out. I was messing with it a little bit last night and realized I didn't have something set right with the slaving of the A axis to the X axis. I'm sure its something simple, I just ran out of time. Its starting to get more exciting the closer it gets to being completed. I also have been thinking about an upgrade I might want to make down the road. Has anyone had any experience with the hybrid closed loop steppers that are on eBay? I'm confused as to how they communicate to mach 3. Or is it a self contained system outside of mach?