Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:32:13 AM

Author Topic: Error Art Code 8877 during G-Code load  (Read 5985 times)

Error Art Code 8877 during G-Code load
« on: February 19, 2015, 06:17:27 PM »
OK can someone tell me why I get an Error Art code 8877 each and every time I try to load G Code?
As soon as I click open I get hit with a Art Code 8877. I have tried to reload the program and everything you can think of.
Please help.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Error Art Code 8877 during G-Code load
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 04:42:17 PM »
Afraid I am not sure what to suggest but I am curious, is this on a windows 7 64 bit install?
If so did you possibly try to install the parallel port driver when you first installed Mach?

Reason I am asking is I get the same issue on this computer in the house and I think that may have been the cause of it. It is no big deal for me as I use a virtual machine when testing stuff here at home.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 01:08:23 AM »
Yes it's a windows 7 64 bit stripped down and built up only to run the CNC machine.
It's strange. This is the third time it's happened. I have re-installed and worked just fine. Then one day out of the blue bam it hits. Then it takes several tries to reinstall it and get it working. I have only been testing and getting things set up for about 2 weeks now.
  I DID un-check the parallel port driver on the reinstall it still shows the printer driver.
I'm using an ESS so there is no USB or need for any other drivers. I do have other machines I can load it on to (32 BIT) but the world is going 64 BIT so I'm in a place right now of, do I buy the license for the Mach3 or hold off tell Mach4 industrial comes out, when ever that might be. (Do you know a date?) But we do need to make a decision soon. The production start date is just around the corner. I just don't want to get something we can't upgrade later on or use on newer faster machines.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 01:11:29 AM by camoit »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 04:11:42 AM »
I have Mach3 installed on a couple of W7 64Bit and have no problems at all with this but I definitely opted not to install the driver on initial install with them. On this computer I think I probably forgot to uncheck it and thus I have the problem, well I think that is why I do. I,  like you have tried re-installing Mach but the issue remains, I think what would be needed is a format and start from scratch with W7 but as it is not really important for me  on this computer then I am not going to attempt that.
If it is an easy option for you to do a format then it may be worth a try.

Regarding Mach4, I do not have any idea when the Industrial will be available and I think it would probably just be best to go for the Mach3 licence, you could however email Artsoft and see what they say just to make sure.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 02:47:10 PM »
Ok been messing with this to see if I could find the problem, it seems to be plugin related. I get an Artcode 1 error if I have the video.dll in the plugins folder and if I post code from a wizard I get the 8877 error if I have the NcUsbPod.dll.

Not sure if you have the NcUsbPod plugin in the plugins folder but if you do delete it and see if it helps.
Alternatively you could rename the plugins folder to OldPlugins then create a new folder called Plugins, you can then move over the ESS plugin and see if you still have the problem. If you dont then you can either leave as is or if you require other plugins paste them back one by one and test after each one to see if the problem comes back.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 08:07:28 PM »
OK I'll check into this. I only use the ESS.
So what I have done is just added another folder in there called new folder and moved the files there and then moved them onto the desktop.
Is there any plug-in other then the ESS necessary to run the mach program?
 I see there are drivers for flash, joystick, turndiagsa.dll and a 1042.set file. Not sure what they might be for and I don't want to move them around and break it again.
OH one thing I should have noted, is when it happened this last time a co-worker went to load the G code. When he did he clicked> and then clicked the mill shortcut. IDK if that would have anything to do with it but It was worth noting. I think he bypassed the profile somehow. So he is no longer allowed to touch any of the prototyping machines. With or with out my supervision.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 08:12:21 PM »
Would it not be better to FIX the machine so it can't happen again RATHER than throwing him out of the LABOR pool ?

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 03:38:03 AM »
The only plugin you will likely need is the ESS one.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 09:51:33 PM »
Thats kind of what I guessed. So far it's working but time will tell.

As for BR549, LOL.. There young and eager guys, 24 or so. They click before they read. It's just easer to teach them time = money by taking there money and and having them spend time using things they already know how to use like a broom , while I get the system back on line. There face expression is priceless. LOL....
Just last night one of them ripped the antenna out of a $200 blue-tooth transmitter because he was in a hurry. They are learning look 4 times, think 3 times, check things 2 times, do it once the right way.