Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:04:44 AM

Author Topic: Shuttle Pro plugin - When?  (Read 12816 times)

Re: Shuttle Pro plugin - When?
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 01:19:14 PM »
I'm with Sage,  I'm not yet willing to give up my Shuttle Pro for Mach 4.  Every few months I quietly do a search to see if it's available yet.  I for one would be willing to pay for this driver, perhaps if there were enough people willing to pay someone will write one?  For now Mach 3 still works nicely for me.

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 01:50:40 PM »
Rogerfries:

I think you'll find that the Shuttle Pro is supported now in Mach 4. I'm way behind in my updates but it was there several months ago with no additional drivers to install. Just look in the addon's menu. Brian did a nice job on it. The setup was easy and pretty comprehensive. You can define each button in the setup. Give it a try and report back.
  BUT I believe last time I tried it, it didn't support touch-off / Z-zero so it was a no-go for me. I won't use Mach4 without touch off. I believe I also had trouble with the DRO's acting odd (not resetting to exactly zero or something). Eventually I might give it another try and see what's been corrected. It was just easier to avoid the frustration and stick with Mach3.

Sage

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:07:53 PM by Sage »
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 02:26:27 PM »
Thanks Sage!  I'll give Mach 4 another try.  I think I can live without auto touch off.  I normally use my Haimer anyway for manual touch off.

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 10:13:51 PM »
I have been using the shuttlepro for the past several months with M4. Works fine. The jog wheels increments are set by the jog increment in M4 so if you change the increment in M4 it will change the jog wheels on the ShuttlePro.

Also, be careful that you do not have anything programed for M4 in the ShuttlePro control panel or both commands will execute. You might want to run ShuttlePro as administrator. there are some flukey things that can happen if you do not.

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2016, 08:07:50 PM »
Does the inner jog wheel work for you on m4 with the shuttlepro?

Latest m4 version (2914), with ESS.
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 06:49:41 AM »
The shuttlepro is working under Mach 4, but the inner jog wheel is not.  Do I need to configure that some how?

Thanks

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 09:03:56 AM »
Check to see what jog increment you have Mach 4 set to. I had this same problem. It was jogging just not fast enough for me to see.  The inner and outer wheel look to see what the jog increment is set to and then takes a % of that increment.
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 09:11:26 AM »
I thought the outer jog wheel was 1 increment per click / notch, but I thought that the inner wheel was 1 increment per revolution?

Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 09:53:12 AM »
The outer wheel is spring loaded. You should be able to hold it in a particular direction and the axis should move accordingly. The farther you rotate it the faster the axis is supposed to move.
The inner wheel continuously rotates and gives you one jog increment per click.
(At least that's the way it works in Mach3 and the way I want it). I believe I could not get that action in Mach 4 but I didn't play with it much. Keep me posted.

Sage

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:57:23 AM by Sage »
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 10:14:30 AM »
Sage think you're right (see what happens when multitasking..
 Errors are inevitable...)

I'll try again with m4 tonight and Shuttle, still did not think something was working as it does in m3
Rob