Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 08:06:00 PM

Author Topic: MPG's and the G-rex  (Read 4287 times)

MPG's and the G-rex
« on: March 03, 2006, 03:15:39 PM »
I am converting a Bridgeport Boss 5 to servo's and Machx.  I want to use separate MPG's to contol each axis (instead of one MPG and a selector switch.)
Can I use the encoder inputs (the A,B and C axis) on the G-rex to accept MPG inputs? 
If so it also looks like the G-rex can be run in autonomous mode and be controlled with the MPG's to make a pseudo manual mill.
Steve
Re: MPG's and the G-rex
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 03:30:17 PM »
Did you ever make any discovery along these lines with the MPG's? 

Connecting my MPG's (optical incoder pendant I made) that worked with my parallel port just fine is something I've still yet to figure out how to do with the G100.....  Please let me know if you ever figured it out..

Thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 12:42:19 PM »
Actually right now from what I've played with if you go in to the encoder inputs A and B of Axis B on the G100 you can controll 1 axis at a time (selecting them in mach)..

But far as I know you can only do one at a time.

I have a pendant with 3 separate encoders though so I could (with parallel port input) could do all 3 at the same time with out having to bother with a selection switch (which is a pain)

Hopefully this will be updated shortly so all axis will use the input.

b.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 01:06:19 PM »
Far as I know at the moment only input axis B (socket a and b) are reading MPG input so you have to toggel sending that input to the axis you want rather then having separate MPG's...  I to have 3 mpg's 1 for each axis so am waiting for when the G100 supports more then 1 before I move to it for good.

b.