Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:17:07 AM

Author Topic: Single pulse capacitance sensor selection  (Read 2752 times)

Single pulse capacitance sensor selection
« on: February 05, 2015, 02:44:52 PM »
Spindle sensor 1

Hi,
   As a rookie, I have gone through several selections of single pulse spindle sensors. Optical and fast, inductive capacitance and slow.
     My optical sensor I used along time ago in mach was capable of seeing 20k rpm in mach,but there is the contamination issue.
 I cannot do the optical because contamination, the capacitance sensor I am now using is  slow and only detects upto 600 rpm the. Goes to zero above 600 rpm. What would it take to get mach to see 4000rpm?

The sensor that I am using is an Autonics
pro8-1.5dp
Pnp, normally open, 800hz
http://products.autonicsonline.com/item/proximity-sensors/sors-cylindrical-type-proximity-sensors-pr-serie-2/pr08-1-5dp

I am comfortably using a small 7/8 diameter disk magnet as my trigger and this is about all I can add to this pulley comfortably. So not really desiring to change the pulse, is there something I can do in reselecting the sensor.

How about normally closed sensor?
Would this change the behavior of mach3 to get the pulse detection faster if it were to pull down the voltage to zero when triggered make it faster?

Thanks for your help with this,

Rob
Re: Single pulse capacitance sensor selection
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 02:45:46 PM »
The best bet is use an industrial enclosed optical encoder such a Avtron or Red Lion. A prox switch isn't going to work.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 05:26:00 AM »
Hi Rob,

Just a thought but check your Debounce setting (Config / General Config) - anything greater than zero here may add to your pulse detection time.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 12:02:58 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I will try the debounce to see if I can get it to see the pulse longer.

I will have a look at redlion and avtron for some solutions.  Prior to seeing these replies, I went out and purchases 2 of these:
http://2nxod5497ve018julv28ilzx3fd.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/us/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2014/07/Magnetic-Proximity-Sensors-Datasheet-MP1005-MP1007.pdf
From cherry electronics, the selling point for me is that they are 5vdc compatible and marketed as a spindle sensor...

What do you think of these?

Thanks,
Rob

Single pulse capacitance sensor selection
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 04:15:01 PM »
Just made a sensor for my mill using an Allegro Microsystems Hall effect sensor, and an 820 ohm resistor, built on a scrap of strip board and potted in Araldite.  Easily senses a small Neodymium magnet about 3 mm dia x 2 mm glued to the face of the spindle pulley. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk