Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:18:49 PM

Author Topic: THC up/down dont moving Z axis  (Read 15360 times)

THC up/down dont moving Z axis
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 04:44:25 AM »
I had problems with this also.  I had to goto ports and pins set up page, then to mill options and check the box for the THC

Hope that helps

Steve
Re: THC up/down dont moving Z axis
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 09:27:14 AM »
Thank you Steve, its already checked, but torch still moveless ...

Ojars
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 03:25:23 AM »
As we have noticed some of you have problems with THC function launching.

Within next few days (hopefully) we should have pdf instruction ready to make it easier.

THC function works only while machine program is running - we will improve it soon  :)

Contact me freely if you have some doubts.

CS-LAB
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:27:09 AM by TechCNC »
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 05:34:51 PM »
Had the same problem... CSMIO IP-S not responding to THC UP / DOWN

Solution is to not use the standard M3 that starts the spindle relay DoSpinCW() but use ActivateSignal(OUTPUT1) and everything works as expected.
Don't ask how we got to this solution... lucky for us we used two separate heads for plasma and oxy and separate Mach3 profiles and the oxy profile did not use
spindle relays and its capacitive thc worked.... that gave us a clue... after couple of DAYS :D

Using the option that enables thc even when not in thc mode should not be used.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:36:41 PM by danilom »
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 03:30:09 AM »
All CSMIO/IP motion controllers support standard THC function and also for some time now - "THC Analog" function.

Standard THC function activation is just the same as when we use a parllel port and a CSMIO/IP controller.

Next week I'll try to record a video or write some article to make it easier to understand.

At the moment (if you've set everything as it should be) what comes to my mind are incorrectly set "THC max" and "THC min" values on the main Mach3 screen.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments: office@cs-lab.eu

Wojtek
CS-Lab Team
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 07:38:33 AM »
I will test it anyway again within next few days to be sure everything works as it should.

Wojtek
CS-Lab