Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:25:44 AM

Author Topic: Reversed Setup  (Read 1993 times)

Reversed Setup
« on: January 23, 2015, 07:58:36 PM »
I know I've seen this question here, but I just can't find it now. So if someone knows where the answer is that I would very grateful. I have found that when I load a file from Vcarve Pro (v7.5) the program ends up reversed on Mach 3. Instead of being at the right front of the material it ends up at the back left of the material. My search words just aren't finding an answer. Thank You.
Re: Reversed Setup
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 11:00:04 PM »
I thought I would clarify a few things. First homing is at the left front, Z full up. When moving the DRO's are + and - appropriately. The item being loaded is being milled in the correct direction, it's just that the reference for the basic material of 0,0 is not as designed in VCarve. Instead of at right front the material 0,0 ends up at the left rear. The Cutting is accurate but not just not from the same 0,0 as designed. Am I missing something or is this normal for Mach3?
Re: Reversed Setup
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 12:43:56 AM »
Well three posts, all mine, and I found the answer. I had chosen the wrong post processor in VCarve pro. I'm not sure what the types are other than mm and in. Those are obvious the other descriptions aren't so clear.