Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:07:13 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Window7 64 bit and the XHC breakout  (Read 1604 times)

Mach3 Window7 64 bit and the XHC breakout
« on: January 18, 2015, 07:38:13 PM »
Hi there all,
first up a newbie.
Ok the problem the XHC thing has anybody had problem with them making smoke? supply rail was 5.18 volts on a calibrated meter, now I do not have anything near 5 volts on the input pins.
I have been into electronics all my life and hold an electronics degree, I was shocked that a piece of gear built today would have zener diodes protecting the 5 volt input. Well now it is a major problem as it has gone open circuit, lol.
The second problem is with the OS, so far I am building the electronics on the floor in the lounge room, and all the mechanical hardware is in the shed, currently modifying the ZX30 mill to CNC, all new ball screws motor mounts and so on, reason why in the house can turn on the air conditioning when hot, I need to prove the concept before stuffing it all in a box.
Back to the OS, open to the suggestion what is better and what works, currently I have plenty of PC's that should run Mach3, and I really do not want to play install the misery OS until it works.

The XHC box has anybody else had problems?, are the stupid thing reliable, or have I wasted money I simply do not have to waste.

Cheers all

Paul